Board logo

標題: [疑難] ACCA n CIMA [打印本頁]

作者: sfmui    時間: 2007-2-16 07:32     標題: ACCA n CIMA

Any one heard of these organisation? What are the differences?
I am very keen on getting some accounting qualifications even though i am not an accounting student.  
2 questions:

1/ do i have to join those above organisation before i take their exam?

2/ how long do i have to study if i want to pass the basic papers? and what resources should i be looking for in helping my studying?

thx
作者: FCCA    時間: 2007-2-17 15:30

ACCA = ASSOCIAION OF CHARTERED CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANTS
CIMA=CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANTS

They both are professional accountancy bodies of UK.

You are required to join the professional body as a student before you can take the exams.  For details, you can look at their websites or you can call their local office.  ACCA: 2524 4988; CIMA: 2511 2003

On your second question, there is no definite answer.  At my time, I took 4 years to complete ACCA 18 papers.  For CIMA, I think it should take the same length of time.
作者: sfmui    時間: 2007-2-18 05:08

thank you very much.
作者: kkio181    時間: 2007-3-1 17:54

ACCA is much better
作者: sfmui    時間: 2007-3-2 02:58

why do u say acca is better? in what sense?
作者: FCCA    時間: 2007-3-3 14:17

ACCA is good at external reporting (financial accounting, taxation) and auditing.  CIMA is good at management accounting, financial management and strategic leadership.
作者: sfmui    時間: 2007-3-4 09:31

so, can i say they are of different stream?  does it mean if i want to develop on the ACCA stream, there is no need for me to prepare for the CIMA one?
作者: sfmui    時間: 2007-3-4 09:32

forget to say thank you tim.
thanks, brother
作者: FCCA    時間: 2007-3-4 17:41

It really depends on your interest and career requirements.  Choose the one that meets your requirements.  Someone has got both titles.
作者: PapaBobo    時間: 2007-3-11 14:36

Accounting grad normally sit for ACCA/HKICPA exam. If you target working in HK HKICPA exam is ok.

CIMA will focus more on management reporting than external reporting.

It is hard to say which is better or easier. Please go to the links provided by FCCA brother.
作者: dnm    時間: 2007-3-22 16:38

As u're in HK, why not to consider the QP of HKICPA ?

歡迎光臨 香港 Xocat Forum 討論區 (http://p.xocat.com/p/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0