推介:| Web Hosting | Cloud Server | Server Hosting | Server Colocation | Responsive Web design | Bob嫂Ur pnt瘦身三寶 | Email Hosting Service | English course |

發新話題
打印

Wireless or Home plug

Wireless or Home plug

I have two computers and connected to internet network. I am considering either using Home plug or wireless network. Could you tell me which one is better? Thanks!

Get a 802.11g wireless router. Best for the money and flexibility.

相關搜索目錄: Router

Home Plug dont have interference

Use Home Plug is good cos the trasmittion is faster and dont have interference as you would with wireless. If you use Home Plug for IPTV is better as streaming of IPTV needed faster transmittion rate.

引用:
原帖由 henry101 於 2007-6-9 09:27 發表
I have two computers and connected to internet network. I am considering either using Home plug or wireless network. Could you tell me which one is better? Thanks!
you can consider the emitting RF that can be avoided with Home Plug...

Right, avoid as many RF in your home as possible, it is harmful to your health.
--------------------
Larry55

Depends on how far apart your computers are and where can you put the wireless router.  If the computer and the wireless router are very far apart or blocked by walls (esp. structural walls with steel bars) due to physical constraints, the wireless signal and coverage will not be good.  In this case, Home Plug is better.

yes..use the wiseless is better

If the computer and the wireless router are very far apart or blocked by walls (esp. structural walls with steel bars) due to physical constraints, the wireless signal and coverage will not be good.  In this case, Home Plug is better.
This is my experience and don't waste your money in wireless router, if blocked by walls.

The majority of Wireless networking equipment supports the Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) encryption protocol. However, a large number of people never configure it. Running a Wireless network without WEP enabled is equivalent to hanging an Ethernet cable out of your window for anyone who wishes to plug into your network.

The type of WEP encryption you use will depend on how sensitive you consider your data to be, and how fast you want the connection to run.

Most Wireless equipment supports up to 128bit encryption, with others supporting up to 256bit. Basically, the higher the level of encryption, the lower your speed will be (with the reduction depending on the quality of the hardware you use).

You need to be cautious when your home is using 3-phase as the performance of Homeplug may not good in acrossing different electricity phase or even may not work.

引用:
原帖由 teresatlan 於 2008-2-7 11:24 發表
You need to be cautious when your home is using 3-phase as the performance of Homeplug may not good in acrossing different electricity phase or even may not work.
Don't think this is a problem as apartments in HK is small and you only have one phase in your house. Unless you have a BIG house then may be you have 3 phase in you home.

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.