發新話題
打印

這幾間九龍的酒店那一間buffet 好

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-8-8 06:03 PM 發表

Nope !   I've just checked.

I was Billed in HKD, no FX involved.

Thanks for the tip.
I got billed in HK$ too.  But there's an underlying exchange differential.  Glad they now fix it.

昨日食了"周仔"酒店lunch buffet
=
以下是我所見所聞
=
沒有生蠔
在下午1時和1時訐,熱盆是空的同一時間多達幾樣,魚生醬油都沒有了
=
羊腩,羊腿是有"渣"的
=
坐的地方的檯是超近的,左面人地講家事,右邊談情,被迫進入了人家的世界,取食物的地方超窄
=
只有view 是唯一selling point
=
**希望因為是暑假才這樣**
多謝270元一位

相關搜索目錄: 酒店

引用:
原帖由 icac 於 2007-8-8 11:09 PM 發表
昨日食了"周仔"酒店lunch buffet
=
以下是我所見所聞
=
沒有生蠔
=
羊腩,羊腿是有"渣"的
=
坐的地方的檯是超近的,左 ...
I only pay half at the Harbourside Mon-Thu and I have not gone back since my last visit in June.  This is how good this buffet is from my perspective.  I think Sun brunch is a different story but it's a lot more costly.

As you said, I don't like being so close to your fellow diners and this is one of the reasons I am not going back. You just can't walk from one end of the table to the other without hitting the table next to you.  I don't care much about the food but it is nothing to write home about.  They are no better or worse than Sheraton.

Price-wise, you cannot beat Patio at the Renaisance Kowloon Hotel, and for the view, you cannot beat Panorama also from the same hotel.  For dinner buffet, one should avoid at all cost as it's so noisy and crowded.  

The hotel is just booming.  I called up this evening to book a table for tomorrow's dinner at the Steakhouse, and the best they can do is to put me on waiting list, or to come in at 9:30 pm.  The same probably can be said of the Harbourside.

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-8-7 01:21 PM 發表

I like Sheraton's Chinese rstn and their Oyster Bar.  The Cafe is very ordinary.
If I have to pay full price at Celestial court, I would go to Dynasty instead.  The price is better, the food is much much better.

引用:
原帖由 icac 於 2007-8-8 23:09 發表
昨日食了"周仔"酒店lunch buffet
=
以下是我所見所聞
=
沒有生蠔
=
羊腩,羊腿是有"渣"的
=
坐的地方的檯是超近的,左 ...
我通常都係夜晚先去

lunch就未試過

但夜晚剩係生蠔都有三款選擇

另有龍蝦仔,長蟹腳,都有好多選擇喎

你搵日試下夜晚既buffet啦

真係幾好食架

五大有其二

二手買賣
CD推介

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-8-8 23:57 發表

If I have to pay full price at Celestial court, I would go to Dynasty instead.  The price is better, the food is much much better.
At any given time at Celestial & many other hotel restaurants, I think at least half the customers are members of some sort, by paying an up front fee they don't have to pay full price.

From a customer's point of view, this is a rather screwed-up pricing method.  After the membership discount, if you would add back the "pro-rata" membership fees to the amout, the net discount becomes much less. We are however, trapped to frequent their restaurants.

A marketing ploy playing on human psychology.  I am trapped x 4!!   

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-8-8 23:57 發表

I haven't been to Kowloon's Dynasty, only been to the one in Wanchai North once or twice talking business, so really I don't remember what I ate, only have a neutral to negative impression.

So, kindly tell what is good there.  

Or may be, we'd have one of our future wine dinners there ?

相關搜索目錄: Wine

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-8-8 23:54 發表
I only pay half at the Harbourside Mon-Thu and I have not gone back since my last visit in June.  This is how good this buffet is from my perspective.  I think Sun brunch is a different story b ...
I went to New World's Patio recently. It was very poor - in terms of presentation, food quality and environment. I used to have very good impression of this place but since they keep on expanding to accommodate more diners, it has become uncomfortable and the food quality not same as before.

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-8-9 14:42 發表
At any given time at Celestial & many other hotel restaurants, I think at least half the customers are members of some sort, by paying an up front fee they don't have to pay full price..
So fools get taken in by smart hotel promotions??

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-8-9 02:42 PM 發表

At any given time at Celestial & many other hotel restaurants, I think at least half the customers are members of some sort, by paying an up front fee they don't have to pay full price.

I doubt if there are so many dining members.  I think we are just the miniorities.   Whichever way I look at it, I am well well ahead.  For Sheraton, I do about 50 meals at Unkai, 10 meals at Celestial court, and 20 meals at Oyster & Wine Bar.  So my per unit cost is minimal.  My other frequently used card is Parklane which I go to G&C 100X a year, Riva 12X.  For the Steakhouse, I need to go there for entertainment when some guests are in town and it pays back in a couple of visits.  

I am cutting down on these membership and just retain these 3 core ones.  I once had seven at a time - Nikko, Marco Polo, Langham, Sheraton, Intercon, Excelsior & Marriott.

[ 本帖最後由 dejavu2003 於 2007-8-9 22:55 編輯 ]

相關搜索目錄: Wine

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-8-9 09:54 PM 發表

I went to New World's Patio recently. It was very poor - in terms of presentation, food quality and environment. I used to have very good impression of this place but since they keep on expanding ...
I didn't see any expansion at Patio.  The seats are more spread out and the environment is much quieter.  They are miles ahead of Harbourside.

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-8-9 02:50 PM 發表

I haven't been to Kowloon's Dynasty, only been to the one in Wanchai North once or twice talking business, so really I don't remember what I ate, only have a neutral to negative impression.

I usually go to the one in Renaissance Kowloon, and I only recently went to the one at Renaisance HK while waiting for court hearing, and it was surprsingly good.  My favorites are - 例湯 of any sort, 薑葱撈麵,义燒,煲仔飯....

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-8-9 22:53 發表
I didn't see any expansion at Patio.  The seats are more spread out and the environment is much quieter.  They are miles ahead of Harbourside.
You are talking about the buffet place at New World Renaissance, right?

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-8-10 01:21 PM 發表

You are talking about the buffet place at New World Renaissance, right?
They have buffet @ Lobby Lounge, Patio, and Panaroma.

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-8-10 15:21 發表
They have buffet @ Lobby Lounge, Patio, and Panaroma.
Yes, I had dinner buffet at Patio recently.

No change in comments. Poor food, bad lay-out, very cramped (I was bumped by next table and table across from us) - I was sitting at a table designed for 2 (overlooking the road and can see Sheraton) but they managed to squeeze 3 in, poor refill rate and bad dessert collection. However, service was good. They gave us a cake to take home but wasn't so nice either.

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-8-10 05:58 PM 發表

Yes, I had dinner buffet at Patio recently.

No change in comments. Poor food, bad lay-out, very cramped (I was bumped by next table and table across from us) - I was sitting at a table designe ...
At Patio, you won't see any road, let alone Nathan Road.

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-8-10 06:35 PM 發表

The only place you can see Nathan Road or Sheraton is from the Middle Row or Pizzeria at Kowloon Hotel.

[ 本帖最後由 dejavu2003 於 2007-8-10 19:03 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-8-10 18:35 發表
Not Nathan Road side, the other side MAN overlooking Chatham Road!

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-8-10 18:36 發表
The only place you can see Nathan Road or Sheraton is from the Middle Row or Pizzeria at Kowloon Hotel.
Sheraton is at corner. In case you don't know, the other road I was referring to being Salsbury Road!

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-8-10 07:50 PM 發表

Sheraton is at corner. In case you don't know, the other road I was referring to being Salsbury Road!
In case you don't know, it's difficult to see daylight at the Patio that I go to.

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-8-11 18:05 發表

In case you don't know, it's difficult to see daylight at the Patio that I go to.
You two seems to be talking about difference places.

引用:
There is only one Patio!

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-8-11 18:28 發表
You two seems to be talking about difference places.
Hi - we are talking about the same one. I still have the receipt from the recent visit.

引用:
In case you want to be a smart arse, let's have a bet. There is 1 side of the PATIO where you can sit and overlook Salsbury Road/Chatham Road! That side was opened last time I went! It is a big restaurant so walk around before making unsubstantiated claims!

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-8-12 03:52 PM 發表

In case you want to be a smart arse, let's have a bet. There is 1 side of the PATIO where you can sit and overlook Salsbury Road/Chatham Road! That side was opened last time I went! It is a big r ...
Well, if you have been there recently, and that you did overlook Salisbury Rd, then it must be there.

I have had lunch there over 100 times and they just never offered me that privilege.  It must be a room reserved for dinner.

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.