推介:| 補習介紹所 | 補習學校 | 功課 | 海外升學 | 美國升學 | 澳洲升學 | 班會 | 教育資源 | 學生會 |

43 12
發新話題
打印

[疑難] 請問有人懂Change management 嗎?

Good!!  You are getting there.

Now, if you are saying that a company will need to change little by little, than what kind of change are you talking about?  

Also, reactive and anticipatory are both change reaction that affiliate to all changes.

ok.  you should be able to finish your work now, just think of how a company will do to make it better and don't think of these changes are very hard to understand.  They are not that difficult.  Just put yourself in the company's shoes and you will see where you need to be.

If you still need more help, please let me know.
Good luck in your project.

Thank you

But I have something make confusing, Culture Change, Political Change, Structure Change. What did it do?

Is it just a term about how to categories some problems is called cultural problem that can use manage approach to change it?

Ok.  This is a little bit harder to explain.  I will have to start from the beginning.

Each company has it's own culture.  I will use Microsoft as an example.  Their product is part of our culture.  Think of how Microsoft's software changes our life in doing business and also doing homework.  How it changes for us like what we are doing.  I can help you with your homework and stuff...Now, let's say they are going to change somthing with their business, will it effect our way of living??  This will be part of the culture change.  Also, they have their own way to do business; that is their business culture.  If they are going to change, they will need to understand how it will effect their internal culture as a company.  Remember, when you are looking at a company, think of it as a person.  When Microsoft needs to change, will this change effect their internal culture as well as the external culture??

As for Political change, just like the example with Microsoft, because it is so big, will it effect any political view in the society??  Or will it effect the own internal political structure?

As for structure change, it is mostly internal change

So remember, all these changes you mention, like Culture and Political has both Internal (company's own) and external (society) effects.  You will need to really think of it before you settle on a decision.  As for Structure change, it is basically an Internal thing.

In another word if a company as big as Microsoft, when they are planning to change, they will need to plan on all these changes very detailed.  Each change they will have a mock model to see how it will effect everything, both internal and external.

I hope this will help you to understand more.  If you need more help, please let me know.

Quite hard to understand about it.  But I will read again later, thank you.

Could you please help me to see the following part that I just draft? I have outlied two major changes that need for IBoW.

1. Reconstruction of IS department

Reason: Escalating cost & decling service

Inducement are both come from internal, becuase:

i. The number of senior IT executives is too much while number of IS staff seems not enough.

ii. The cost of office used by senior IT executives is too high.

iii. The buying computing equipment plan is no flexible.

iv. The maintain cost of Data communication network is high.

v. No shared value between IS staff and board of directors.

2. Let credit card division own their separate IS team ← But it seems not suitable

Reason: Many systems out of date and become Labour intensive

Inducement: Come from internal

i. IS department can not support the development of credit card division.

It seems both of above (expect 1.iii & 1.iv) are structure change, do I need to see more deeply ?
Because the assigment said list external & internal drivers & inhibitor of changes

[ 本帖最後由 saxontse 於 2007-11-21 09:48 編輯 ]

相關搜索目錄: Credit card

You are only seeing the internal part of the problem.  What about external part?  In your first part, the changes you listed is all internal only, nothing external.  External will be something like if the bank is not going to change the IS department, will they be able to compete with the other banks??  You have to see it for the external part as well.  Your internal part is ok, but where is the external part?  

For the 2nd part, again, you are only looking for internal.  Where is the external??  You said the IS department cannot support the development of the credit card division, why??  the IS department is the heart of the banks's operation.  Why can't they support he credit card division?  Can they out source to another company?  

Also from what I see the customer services needs to change as well, have you think of that one???
What I suggest is read through your case with an open mind.  Think of it fromall angles.  That will help you out.

相關搜索目錄: Credit card

I can only see one point of external factor of IS dept. , that is:

.IS dept. can't react to the market opportunities in real time.

While I don't know what are you talking about the customer service part, are you talking IS dept. can't handle user problem is a customer service? I think it is a internal problem becuase IS dept. is served other dept/division in bank only, no external factor included.

But actually I can't see any information of external enviroment about the bank in the case can used to analysis , the only one part that talking about the external enviroment is "The International Bank Network" part, while it seems no any information I can use.

I had asked tutor few weeks before whether the case can combine with the actual enviroment, but he said just use the information provided in the case. So I fell confuse how can I find external enviroment information? I can't see any information can used for PEST anylsis

相關搜索目錄: Tutor

Read the case more carefully and open your mind to think of it.  A bank is a business, but without external influence, the bank cannot do any business. When a bank is doing business, what external factor are there.  Also, from your case, the bank is a very old bank and it will have some influence from other sources, for example, the government?  Don't forget, you have different branches in different country, so will a change in let's say England be the same as the branch in Asia?  Will the political rule approved the bank's changes??  Are the customers all the same over the world?  Is a person in Europe will have the same need in Asia??

Open your mind and think of it.  There are a lot of things related to this bank.  Read the case over and drop down the notes.  If I am going to tell you more, I will be writing the report for you...  

Read the case over and think of what the bank will need to change and what affect will there be internally and externally.  everything is not just one sided.  Remember, every story has a different way to tell.  Business is the same.  There are more than one way to form a solution.  

Good luck

Remember one thing.  When you are doing a case, you will need to take time to understand and break down the case.  Especially in this situation, when you read deeply into it, this bank has a lot of problems.  These problems can be resolved by internal changes, but remember, some of these changes can effect external changes as well.  You will need to put yourself as the executives in the bank.  Think like they do, think of how they will solve the problem.
A bank this size is like the HSBC (香港匯豐) everything HSBC does will effect a lot of different ares.  Remember, how does HSBC make money?  By itself or from people?  
You have to think my friend.  Keep thinking like the executive of a bank and you will be ok.

我想我還是打中文較好

首先我不明白,這個case 的bank 我是應該看待跟現今存在的bank 一樣去現今的經營環境嗎?

如果是,我才想到可以寫以下的東西:

PEST

Political
1. Globalnisation make between banks competition larger because the regional boundary removed, all banks can operate their business throughout the world.

Economics
1. The services provided by banks are almost the same, increase the compeition of service price and quality.

Social
1. birth rate decrease and the population being old in western country and japan.

Technological
1. Todays more mature of technology, banks start internet banking business. Each transation become faster.

Please forgive my stupid mind because I haven't meet these knowledge before this degree course.
And thses analytical model seems simple and easy to use, while it is hard to apply because I have no idea of how to find evidences to write points.

[ 本帖最後由 saxontse 於 2007-11-22 08:00 編輯 ]

First, please don't say that you are stupid!!  You are learning and you will need guidance.  I hope whatever I told you is helpful for you, since I have been in business for a while, so these are kind of easy for me, but in real, the implementation is hard some times......
Anyway, back to your case.  You are correct.  Although your case is just a case, this bank does not excist, but you still have to treat it as a real bank in the real life situaion, then PEST will work.  As far as I can see, all your ponts are valid, but there are more into it.  Not just the ones that you listed, but there are more...

In the Political point, remember what I told you.  This is a big bank and it's been in business for a while, so which means, they will have political connections.  Now if this bank decide to change, will it effect any of that??  Also, this is just external. How about the Internal political point?  What will all the CEO do, if they have to make changes.  What about the managments??  Think of these and be creative!  

In the Social point, birth rate is decreasing, correct, this is also external, what about internal???  Will they get new people that has experience to come into the bank and keep the bank competitive??

In the Economic stand point, if the changes are in place, will there be any salary changes for all the personnel??  With the new IS department, what will happen with the people that is working now?  Remember, there is a possiablity for the bank to down size, so what kind of effect will it have?

In the Technology part, you are only talking about the internal thing like the transaction will be faster, but will it effect the personnel right now?  Will they need more people or les people to do the job?  With the changing technology world, will the bank need to keep upgrading their IS?  This will be the external effects.

Remember, put yourself as the bank's CEO.  If you are the CEO and you see that the bank is dropping profit and market shares, what will you do?  Don't tell me you are going to hire some killers to kill of the other banks.....   But seriously, think of what they will want to do and need to do.  Also think of this.  You own your own company and if it has all these problems like the bank, what will you do???

What will you do to change your company??  This is not a one day project and it takes time to think and analysis everything.  If you think you can do it in just a few days, you are wrong.  SO take your time la.

Good luck

thank you. it is very useful for me

To tongtong1031 brother,

Really thank you for opinions and advice about my assignment, it spent many of your times, I say sorry for it also.

The assignment I had submitted on Saturday (I did it overnight on Friday), although the final product I don't satisfy, it is also a signal about read more about management books for further study.

Your advices and opinions are very useful, while I can't digest all of these information in a short period, so I just can write these information in my assignemnt as more as I can realize.

Thank you for you again.

Hey saxontse,

無問題, 最重要係你知到佢地的關係.  我如果真係可以幫到你就最好.  
如果再有management 問題, 除時話比我可聽, 我好樂意幫忙.

引用:
原帖由 tongtong1031 於 2007-12-4 12:26 發表
Hey saxontse,

無問題, 最重要係你知到佢地的關係.  我如果真係可以幫到你就最好.  
如果再有management 問題, 除時話比我可聽, 我好樂意幫忙.
我想問有咩management 既書較易睇呢?
我想睇入門書先

Hello Saxontse,

唔好意思, 咁遲先回答你的問題, 因出了trip.
你問management 書?  好難同你講邊D係好, 因本本唔同.

用英文會快D: If you want to learn how to manage, you will need to work and get experience.  The reason I say is because all these management books author has a different management style.  There is no wrong or right answer for them.  If you really want to read some, any management book will be ok.  Since the management theory is pretty much the same, is just how you will use the management theory in real life situation.  Remember, the theory is just a theory.  You will need to understand it before you can truely use it in real life.  Also, in the books, situaions are already controlled and set.  In real life, you will have different situations and also one thing may lead to or affect other things, so you will really need to think it through.....but if you are good at it, management is really fun.

Also, I suggest you apply for some company's management trainee jobs.  those can give you some insite on what management does, so you can get real life experience.  Remember, in the menagement world, experience is worth more than what you can read in the books.  The more problems you encounter, the better you will be when the next one come at you.

So good luck my friend.

引用:
原帖由 tongtong1031 於 2007-12-9 14:43 發表
Hello Saxontse,

唔好意思, 咁遲先回答你的問題, 因出了trip.
你問management 書?  好難同你講邊D係好, 因本本唔同.

用英文會快D: If you want to learn how to manage, you will need to work and get e ...
Thank you for your advise. um.....While my degree subject is not for management, it seems hard to apply management trainee jobs (My subject is Business Infromation Systems). Moreover, I don't have any management knowledge, so it is hard for me too......

Anyway, thank you again

No problem.  Even if your degree is for Business Information Systems, you can still apply for management trainee jobs.  There are a lt of different management trainee jobs around.  Just try it out.

Remember, the more experience you got, their you will understand.  Business Information Systems, will some times need the knowledge in manageent to understand the whole thing.

Good luck

43 12
發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.