推介:| 懷孕輻射 | 頭暈輻射 | 失眠輻射 | 頭疼輻射 | 腦腫瘤輻射 | 記憶障礙輻射 | 耳損傷輻射 | 抑鬱輻射 | Celine Bags | 嬰兒用品 | Loewe Bag |

發新話題
打印

IT 行業的難處

my supervisor said
IT = 24/7
IT = you need to know all knowledge

Basically it is the reality.

For IT support, we usually need to support systems in 7x24 basis, particularly if the systems are running 24 hours per day, 7 day per week. Even we are not really working 7x24, we are still in standby mode.

For application system projects, we need to understand the needs from business users and develop or modify a system to support business users. That means simply IT knowledge is not adequate, but Business knowledge is also essential.
無恃其不來, 恃吾有以待也; 無恃其不攻, 恃吾有所不可攻也.

哎。。。。身有同感

回復 #27 有性格 的帖子

Agree ! Right, not only IT knowledge but also Business knowledge, that's why there are plenty of Master Degree, Doctorial degree in business for IT guy, and also, plenty of Auditing (e.g. CISA, CISSP), Project management certify course (e.g. PMP) , along with technical certification such as MCSE, CCIA, CCIE and CLP to take our money from our pocket under the decreasing trend of IT industries.

That's is too pathetic !

相關搜索目錄: CISSP CISA MCSE

我都唔覺得難

我都唔覺得難

完全同意...!

Well, IT = No matter you success 10 project. If 1 failed, you are fired.
*與我的最愛Ah Be活在一起, 可惜可笑可恨是在回憶之中.

引用:
原帖由 DragonBall 於 2006-9-24 04:58 PM 發表
Well, IT = No matter you success 10 project. If 1 failed, you are fired.
乜其他行業唔係咁架嘛...唔好乜都賴it好d喎
無論是愛與被愛,也是串步難行

I think this phenomenon applies for not just IT, but also other industries since people are prone to remember the bad things no matter how many good things were done before.

sunset industry

引用:
原帖由 forumuser 於 2006-10-3 02:08 PM 發表
sunset industry
SUNRISE!

太陽出來了, 好似雪人溶化了!!

還有,差不多{通電}或有{有旋轉部份}的東西都關 IT 事
引用:
原帖由 VINCENTT 於 2006-9-18 09:35 AM 發表
Agree ! Right, not only IT knowledge but also Business knowledge, that's why there are plenty of Master Degree, Doctorial degree in business for IT guy, and also, plenty of Auditing (e.g. CISA, CIS ...

相關搜索目錄: CISA

引用:
原帖由 有性格 於 2006-10-14 03:45 PM 發表
太陽出來了, 好似雪人溶化了!!
Sunrise if you work for large web-related companies such as Yahoo, EBay, Amazon, Microsoft and Google. Most of their employees are millionnaires!  

同道中人

大家都是一样的呀

On the technical side it is not difficult to handle;
But the hard thing is to handle some "bad-temper" users who don't appreciate IT works.

Also negotiate with users during application developing is not an easy job.

Also sunrise since Information Technology becomes essentials of any business and even our lives today.

Working in IT field, we are suffering fierce competitions since there are over million IT guys in the market. There must be someone who can substitute us.

we are also suffering tons of pressure from technological advancement in the market which push us to learn more in order to maintain our competitiveness.

we are also confronting hard and rough times with users and Management who always demand and question but never appreciate.

But throughout this journey of IT, you would be trained up as a tough guy with tons of knowledge and skills in different aspects including technical and business knowledge, interpersonal skills.

Therefore, sunrise if we don't lose our confidence and do continue to improve ourselves.

Agreed.

You need to look at IT in a different prospective.

IT had become an essential part of any business – just think that if the email server is down for 5 minutes, it would be the end of the world!

If it is that important, why your boss didn’t want to pay for that hardware upgrade? Or upgrade from the low end MS Mail to Exchange? Or any "mission critical" thing that you request before? Boss would say blah, blah, blah, we will do it in next FY la…

When you-know-what-hit-the-fan, it is always IT fault. IT should have done this/that, IT should have thought about that…. When things are going well – no one is going to come by IT department and say “thank you” to us.  

IT is bad and a un-appreciate job.

Key to success – what can we do to turn this around and make it a positive thing?

There is a way brother, there is a way – you just need to find one that work for your company.

I have been doing this for over 15 years… been there, done that (currently in Silicon Valley – HQ of all IT).  

引用:
原帖由 aloharicnsa 於 2006-10-19 06:13 AM 發表
IT had become an essential part of any business – just think that if the email server is down for 5 minutes, it would be the end of the wor ...
AGREED. There are many CTOs doing very well - thank you! It is not just about hardware and maintenance. There is a whole lot more to IT including how to use technology to re-engineer the company etc.!

IT had become an essential part of any business – just think that if the email server is down for 5 minutes, it would be the end of the world!

==> Agree!, but not just email, but also internet access

If it is that important, why your boss didn’t want to pay for that hardware upgrade? Or upgrade from the low end MS Mail to Exchange? Or any "mission critical" thing that you request before? Boss would say blah, blah, blah, we will do it in next FY la…

==> Because Bosses never want to face the reality of "IT=Money + Time + People"

IT is bad and a un-appreciate job.

==>IT is a job good for training of our EQ

發覺大家好多怨氣,其實IT行業都有樂趣有苦趣的。

1。IT行業接觸最多最新科技,變化最多最快,絕對不會感覺到沒有變化,但痛苦的是變化太快。
2。IT行業經常用腦,保持頭腦靈活,除了人精,排第二位聰明的應該是IT人,但用腦用到盡
3。IT行業其實是個服務性質的行業,工具改變效率,改變規則,但工具還是工具,工具不應該是産業的指導者,IT就是這樣一個狀况。認識到這點后,客戶的很多想法都可以理解。
4。一分錢一分貨,IT尤其如此,灰色地帶各個行業都有,不要踩太多就好,客戶自食其果多得是,何必計較?出不起錢的客戶,最多是朋友,但絕對不是好客戶。
5。7×24絕對是傷害,年輕還好,年紀一大,好痛苦。

I just wonder if this only happens to IT.
I've been working in IT industry for nearly 15 yrs, and wish to do something else.
And the problem is, i am still searching .... simply can't find anything better (regardless the future)

Anyone one got success story to completely transform from IT guy to something else ?

I just wonder if this only happens to IT.
I've been working in IT industry for nearly 15 yrs, and wish to do something else.
And the problem is, i am still searching .... simply can't find anything better (regardless the future)

Anyone one got success story to completely transform from IT guy to something else ?

Not really aware, but of coz I do not dare to say not possible.
If working in software development, then the possible path can be from system analyst to business analyst and then other positions, since business knowledge can be earned during user requirement collection process.
If working in hardware and network side, then it may not be easy to change to other businesses.
Another possible path can be to establish our own business in order to get rid of IT.

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.