Board logo

標題: Wireless or Home plug [打印本頁]

作者: henry101    時間: 2007-6-9 09:27     標題: Wireless or Home plug

I have two computers and connected to internet network. I am considering either using Home plug or wireless network. Could you tell me which one is better? Thanks!
作者: flasher2    時間: 2007-6-20 07:52

Get a 802.11g wireless router. Best for the money and flexibility.
作者: smithy    時間: 2007-6-24 00:35     標題: Home Plug dont have interference

Use Home Plug is good cos the trasmittion is faster and dont have interference as you would with wireless. If you use Home Plug for IPTV is better as streaming of IPTV needed faster transmittion rate.
作者: koschun    時間: 2007-7-8 02:30

引用:
原帖由 henry101 於 2007-6-9 09:27 發表
I have two computers and connected to internet network. I am considering either using Home plug or wireless network. Could you tell me which one is better? Thanks!
you can consider the emitting RF that can be avoided with Home Plug...
作者: larry55    時間: 2007-9-14 07:37

Right, avoid as many RF in your home as possible, it is harmful to your health.
作者: dbpig    時間: 2007-9-16 09:03

Depends on how far apart your computers are and where can you put the wireless router.  If the computer and the wireless router are very far apart or blocked by walls (esp. structural walls with steel bars) due to physical constraints, the wireless signal and coverage will not be good.  In this case, Home Plug is better.
作者: yuricoco    時間: 2007-9-16 21:17

yes..use the wiseless is better
作者: gigidd    時間: 2007-10-5 20:33

If the computer and the wireless router are very far apart or blocked by walls (esp. structural walls with steel bars) due to physical constraints, the wireless signal and coverage will not be good.  In this case, Home Plug is better.
This is my experience and don't waste your money in wireless router, if blocked by walls.
作者: brother88    時間: 2007-11-14 14:53

The majority of Wireless networking equipment supports the Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) encryption protocol. However, a large number of people never configure it. Running a Wireless network without WEP enabled is equivalent to hanging an Ethernet cable out of your window for anyone who wishes to plug into your network.

The type of WEP encryption you use will depend on how sensitive you consider your data to be, and how fast you want the connection to run.

Most Wireless equipment supports up to 128bit encryption, with others supporting up to 256bit. Basically, the higher the level of encryption, the lower your speed will be (with the reduction depending on the quality of the hardware you use).
作者: teresatlan    時間: 2008-2-7 11:24

You need to be cautious when your home is using 3-phase as the performance of Homeplug may not good in acrossing different electricity phase or even may not work.
作者: koon    時間: 2008-2-17 02:30

引用:
原帖由 teresatlan 於 2008-2-7 11:24 發表
You need to be cautious when your home is using 3-phase as the performance of Homeplug may not good in acrossing different electricity phase or even may not work.
Don't think this is a problem as apartments in HK is small and you only have one phase in your house. Unless you have a BIG house then may be you have 3 phase in you home.

歡迎光臨 香港 Xocat Forum 討論區 (http://p.xocat.com/p/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0