Board logo

標題: Suggestion [打印本頁]

作者: neiahyeah    時間: 2006-8-21 03:06     標題: Suggestion

Readers are encouraged to pose any articles, sentences, words  or whatever of interest for reading, enjoying and discussions.
This, for sure, is more helpful and meaningful. Isn't it?
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-23 07:39

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-21 03:06 發表
Readers are encouraged to pose any articles, sentences, words  or whatever of interest for reading, enjoying and discussions.
And jokes, too ! Here it goes :

Fathers then & now
Fathers of 1900 didn't have it nearly as good as fathers of today; but they did have a few advantages:

In 1900, a happy meal was when Father shared funny stories around the table.
Today, a happy meal is what Dad buys at McDonald's.

In 1900, fathers and sons would have heart-to-heart conversations while fishing.
Today, fathers pluck the headphones off their sons' ears and shout, "WHEN YOU HAVE A MINUTE.."

In 1900, when fathers entered the room, children often rose to attention.
Today, kids glance up and grunt, "Dad, you're invading my space."

In 1900, a father came home from work to find his wife and children at the supper table.
Today, a father comes home to a note: "Jimmy's at private tuition, Cindy's at ballade, I'm playing mahjong downstair, convenient noodle in the kitchen."

In 1900, a father's horsepower meant his horses.
Today, it's the size of his minivan.

In 1900, a father smoked a pipe.
If he tries that today, he gets sent outside because it is all non-smoking area inside.

The only SIMILARITY between them is :
In 1900, fathers were never truly appreciated.
In 2001, fathers are never truly appreciated.

作者: 有性格    時間: 2006-8-23 10:10

and also Great Speech

"I Have A Dream"  by Martin Luther King, Jr,

Delivered on the steps at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. on August 28, 1963. Source: Martin Luther King, Jr: The Peaceful Warrior, Pocket Books, NY 1968

Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Negro slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of captivity. But one hundred years later, we must face the tragic fact that the Negro is still not free.

One hundred years later, the life of the Negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later, the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later, the Negro is still languishing in the corners of American society and finds himself an exile in his own land.

So we have come here today to dramatize an appalling condition. In a sense we have come to our nation's capital to cash a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir.

This note was a promise that all men would be guaranteed the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check which has come back marked "insufficient funds." But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation.

So we have come to cash this check -- a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice. We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice. Now is the time to open the doors of opportunity to all of God's children. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood.

It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment and to underestimate the determination of the Negro. This sweltering summer of the Negro's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. Nineteen sixty-three is not an end, but a beginning. Those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. There will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights.

The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges. But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.

We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. we must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force.

The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny and their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom.

We cannot walk alone. And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, "When will you be satisfied?" we can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of travel, cannot gain lodging in the motels of the highways and the hotels of the cities. We cannot be satisfied as long as the Negro's basic mobility is from a smaller ghetto to a larger one. We can never be satisfied as long as a Negro in Mississippi cannot vote and a Negro in New York believes he has nothing for which to vote. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow cells. Some of you have come from areas where your quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of police brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive.

Go back to Mississippi, go back to Alabama, go back to Georgia, go back to Louisiana, go back to the slums and ghettos of our northern cities, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed. Let us not wallow in the valley of despair. I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal." I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama, whose governor's lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers. I have a dream today. I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. This is our hope. This is the faith with which I return to the South. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring." And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania! Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado! Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California! But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia! Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee! Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-23 11:46

引用:
原帖由 有性格 於 2006-8-23 10:10 發表
and also Great Speech

"I Have A Dream"  by Martin Luther King, Jr,

Delivered on the steps at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. on August 28, 1963. Source: Martin Luther King,  ...
Bravo ...

It is indeed a Great Speech which has deep influence on American history...
作者: neiahyeah    時間: 2006-8-23 12:50     標題: 回復 #2 taurus 的帖子

Your joke is much appreciated.

Let's play with the words :

ALZHEIMERS' EYE TEST                                                   

Count every " F" in de followin' text:                                 

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE                              
                    SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI                                
                    FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH                                 
                    THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...                              

(SEE BELOW)                                             

HOW MANY ?                                                              
                      WRONG !! THERE ARE 6-- no joke.                       
    READ IT AGAIN !                                                         
    Really, go Back and Try to find the 6 F's before U scroll down.         

The reasonin' behind is ......               

De brain can't process "OF".                 

Incredible or what? Go baak & luuk again!!               

Anyone who countz all 6 "F's" on de first go = a genius.               
    Einstein's picture                                                      
                   3 is normal, 4 is quite rare.                           

Send thiz to your friends.                                             
    It'll drive'em crazy ! 'N keep'em occupied for sevr'l minutes..!
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-23 13:04

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-23 12:50 發表
Your joke is much appreciated.

Let's play with the words :

ALZHEIMERS' EYE TEST                                                   
Thank you brother Neiahyeah,  

let me clear my eyes first ...

Your game is good for exercising our eyes :

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE ..... another 2 Fs on this line
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI ................  2 F here
FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH ....  another 1 F here
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS        another 1 F here

So all 6 Fs are located

Yeh ...
作者: neiahyeah    時間: 2006-8-23 13:09     標題: 回復 #6 taurus 的帖子

You are a genius.

Wont you mind going to "Seek for Translation" posted by me to try  your wit.

Thanks
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-24 09:43

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-23 13:09 發表
You are a genius.

Wont you mind going to "Seek for Translation" posted by me to try  your wit.

Thanks
It's fun making this guess but it's painful to commit to this task. Sorry, brother neiahyeah !  
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-24 09:52     標題: neiahyeah's suggestion

It is a good start already with lively interaction and variety.

Neiahyeah and I , may I presume, would welcome fellow brothers and sisters to join in and make this thread even livelier than ever ! Those who like songs may post some lyrics or poems, too ! Welcome !  :
作者: neiahyeah    時間: 2006-8-24 13:51     標題: 回復 #9 taurus 的帖子

bravo

I like wet and blue ones
作者: neiahyeah    時間: 2006-8-24 14:23

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-21 03:06 AM 發表
Pretending to be a fluent English-speaking person, an employer said to his worker, "Look Year Now, Party For Free Come the Must":

Seek for translation in Chinese  

The hint is the speaker doesn't know English.
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-24 23:03

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-24 13:51 發表
bravo

I like wet and blue ones
Hi neiahyeah,

May I ask what is the meaning of "wet and blue" ...
作者: happycamel    時間: 2006-8-25 00:36

I also want to know
作者: neiahyeah    時間: 2006-8-25 13:34     標題: 回復 #12 taurus 的帖子

Brother Taurus

Wet  =  (weewee) wet wet
Wet  =  Moist 潮

Blue = Melanchoy, depressing....憂怨
Blue = yellow in Chinese (differenct culture) e.g. blue movies

See how you interprete.
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-25 20:16

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-25 13:34 發表
Brother Taurus

Wet  =  (weewee) wet wet
Wet  =  Moist 潮

Blue = Melanchoy, depressing....憂怨
Blue = yellow in Chinese (differenct culture) e.g. blue movies

See how yo ...
I guess you refer to poems, wet and blue ones, being popularly posted on the walls inside men's room ...
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-25 20:20

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-24 14:23 發表

Pretending to be a fluent English-speaking person, an employer said to his worker, "Look Year Now, Party For Free Come the Must":

T ...
Brother neiahyeah, You're killing with this piece of puzzle. Give me one more night to work it out ...
作者: happycamel    時間: 2006-8-25 20:47

Are you sure that you can work this out overnight? I don't have a clue!
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-25 22:03

引用:
原帖由 happycamel 於 2006-8-25 20:47 發表
Are you sure that you can work this out overnight? I don't have a clue!
Not yet .. and you ?  Come on ...
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-25 22:11

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-24 14:23 發表

T ...
My guess is "六年啦, 請你門食飯一定要來啊 !", but not confident ...
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-25 22:16     標題: 回復 neiahyeah 的 #7 帖子

Hi brother neiahyeah,

How come you have so many funny ideas ? What you usually eat and drink daily, Uh ...
作者: neiahyeah    時間: 2006-8-26 14:24     標題: 回復 #20 taurus 的帖子

Hi Brother Taurus & All,

I am just an ordinary guy who often need to "eat characters & brain" and drink "my cup of tea". I"ve got not many a joke that brings good laughs and happiness to whosoever I meet.

One day, my dear neighbour showed me a letter in English for applying a whatever licence with the Gov't.   It wrote :
             "Kuk Cheung,
              Nei Ho, Ngor Sheung Sun Ching
              Yat Kuo XX Pai Chiu......"

This worked and he finally got what he wanted.

This is called "Romanization" in the Translation business.  So the answer to
"Look Year Now, Party for Free, Come the Must" is

"落二樓,把啲火灰冚啲貓屎。"
作者: neiahyeah    時間: 2006-8-26 17:54

引用:
原帖由 taurus 於 2006-8-24 09:52 AM 發表
It is a good start already with lively interaction and variety.

Neiahyeah and I , may I presume, would welcome fellow brothers and sisters to join in and make this thread even livelier th ...
Insomnia -- in the Blur          夜難眠  --  朦矓

( My Debut Po-um )

Twinkle Twinkle little stars
It's a hard-day nite
My Bonnie lies over the Ocean
Can but send emails sealed with a kiss

She lives by the west side
The train never shall meet

One day one wonderful morning...
I'll follow her, I'll follow her
Never realize what a kiss could be
Down the Aisle with me

Beautiful dreamer chances to break
Oh! No

( 是詩不是詩 )

繁星閃閃
疲累一夜
我的甜心在那方
祇有寄情於依猫

彼此異地
相逢無期

温馨一早
緊隨她去
渴望深情的一吻
响起教堂那鐘声

奈何夢醒夢碎
噢!惱

( Don't Laugh )   (但求一笑)

作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-28 22:13

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-26 14:24 發表
Hi Brother Taurus & All,

I am just an ordinary guy who often need to "eat characters & brain" and drink "my cup of tea". I"ve got not many a joke that brings goo ...
Hi Brother Neiahyeah,

The answer is really out of my expectation but sounds logical.

Unlike you, I have to eat something concrete like rice, vegetable, fish and meat even though I drink straight Chinese tea all day long. Therefore, I shall be quite busy in recent months and please excuse me for not responding to this column promptly.
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-28 22:20

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-26 17:54 發表

Insomnia -- in the Blur          夜難眠  --  朦矓

( My Debut Po-um )

Twinkle Twinkle little stars
It's a hard-day nite
My Bonnie lies over the Ocean
Can but send emails sealed with ...
Just to clear my eyes and enjoy your Debut Po-um in both English and Chinese, simple and pleasant, keep it up pal ...

To be frank, I cannot write something as delicate and sentimental as yours. Are you a teacher in English ?
作者: neiahyeah    時間: 2006-8-28 23:03

引用:
原帖由 taurus 於 2006-8-28 10:20 PM 發表

Just to clear my eyes and enjoy your Debut Po-um in both English and Chinese, simple and pleasant, keep it up pal ...

To be frank, I cannot write something as delicate and s ...
Appreicate you are a man full of humor and accomodation.

I was a translator. It's sarcastic that  English, the subject my teacher always gave me fail marks  in my examinations,  was my only paraphernalia.

Keep up to exchange views and dont hesitate to point out what i need.
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-29 00:07

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-28 23:03 發表

Appreicate you are a man full of humor and accomodation.

I was a translator. It's sarcastic that  English, the subject my teacher always gave me fail marks  in my examinations,  wa ...
Hi brother neiahyeah,

Thanks for your compliment !

You are the first translator whom I know. What kind of company or organisation for which you work  and what kind of materials which you translate everyday ? I'm curious ...

I am always a bean-counting man .. haha ..  
作者: neiahyeah    時間: 2006-8-29 07:28

引用:
原帖由 taurus 於 2006-8-29 12:07 AM 發表

Hi brother neiahyeah,

Thanks for your compliment !

You are the first translator whom I know. What kind of company or organisation for which you work  and what kind of materials whic ...
Brother Taurus

Casino Head-hunters are looking for you, Taurus the bean-counting expert.

I worked with the disciplined department in the Govt. before.  Sorry, cant disclose too much. Of course I had to render interpretation service, tri-lingual.
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-29 08:40

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-29 07:28 發表

Brother Taurus

Casino Head-hunters are looking for you, Taurus the bean-counting expert.

I worked with the disciplined department in the Govt. before.  Sorry, cant disclose too ...
Hi Brother Neiahyeah,

Thank you for your information about yourself and we are pleased to be getting to know you better !

No wonder your writings are full of wisdom and versatile because you are using them, manipulating them on daily basis, crossover different languages. I hope you're enjoying doing that the way I am with numbers !

I was hunted once already by my very last employer which was a state-owned company in Europe and reached the climax in my working history.

Now I'm working as a semi-retiree and would rather reserve as much free time for myself to appreciate the wonders of life !

Ciao !
作者: neiahyeah    時間: 2006-8-29 13:19     標題: 回復 #28 taurus 的帖子

業達高峰  今生無悔

漸歸平淡  享受人生

作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-29 19:57

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-29 13:19 發表
業達高峰  今生無悔

漸歸平淡  享受人生

多謝, 多謝 Neiahyeah兄的美言 !

過去的我 [看山是山, 看水是水]

今天的我 [看山不是山, 看水不是水]

你可否悟得到嗎 ?   
作者: neiahyeah    時間: 2006-8-29 22:43

引用:
原帖由 taurus 於 2006-8-29 07:57 PM 發表

多謝, 多謝 Neiahyeah兄的美言 !

過去的我

今天的我

你可否悟得到嗎 ?   
Hi Brother Taurus

看山是山      看水是水
看山不是山   看水不是水
看山還是山   看水還是水

I have little knowledge about "contemplation".  The captioned denotes the level of mind, thinking and living you have achieved.

I appreicate that you are a very humble and modest fellow. I suppose, you have attained to 看山還是山   看水還是水.

Neiahyeah is still 看山是山   看水是水, sometimes naive

作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-29 23:20

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-29 22:43 發表

Hi Brother Taurus

看山是山      看水是水
看山不是山   看水不是水
看山還是山   看水還是水

I have little knowledge about "contemplation".  The captioned denotes the l ...
Hi Brother Neiahyeah,

好 ! 佩服 ! 可見你的博聞 ...

我已是 [看山不是山   看水不是水] 不執著, 一切隨緣 !

過去數年, 宇宙間萬事萬物瞬息萬變, 無時無刻不在變化, 有人為的911事件, 有自然的災難如 tsunami 和 katrina, 個人的力量是如何的無助.

當你看得透, 放得下, 萬物的本質都是空, 所謂 [色即是空]. 自然就可以達到 [看山不是山   看水不是水] 的境界 !

Ah, this is an English column .. May I ask you a favor ... please
作者: koolaar    時間: 2006-8-31 11:55

引用:
原帖由 taurus 於 2006-8-29 03:20 PM 發表

Hi Brother Neiahyeah,

好 ! 佩服 ! 可見你的博聞 ...

我已是  不執著, 一切隨緣 !

過去數年, 宇宙間萬事萬物瞬息萬變, 無時無刻不在變化, 有人為的911事件, 有自然的災難如 tsunami  ...
一切可隨緣,亦可不隨緣 - 這亦可當真不當真。
作者: neiahyeah    時間: 2006-8-31 14:38

English language is strange

English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. .English muffins weren't invented in England or French fries in France. Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.

If we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.

How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and wise guy are opposites? How can overlook and oversee be opposites, while quite a lot and quite a few are alike? How can a person be "pretty ugly?"

You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of this language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out and in which an alarm clock goes off by going on. Why is "crazy man" an insult, while to insert a comma and say "crazy, man!" is a compliment when applauding a jazz performance.

English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human races. That is why, when the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible. And why, when I wind up my watch, I start it, but when I wind up this essay, I end it.

作者: taurus    時間: 2006-8-31 18:36

引用:
原帖由 neiahyeah 於 2006-8-31 14:38 發表
English language is strange

English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. .English muffins weren't inv ...
Bravo

You play with opposites like a magician running his show .You are really a master of this language, hopefully not a slave of this forum ...

Please give us some more and no less ...
作者: jimmyboy2102    時間: 2006-9-5 03:08

WHAT A GOOD PLACE FOR LEARNING.

I SHOULD COME AND ENRICH MY VIEWS.

THANKS AGAIN.
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-9-5 09:04

引用:
原帖由 jimmyboy2102 於 2006-9-5 03:08 發表
WHAT A GOOD PLACE FOR LEARNING.

I SHOULD COME AND ENRICH MY VIEWS.

THANKS AGAIN.
Brother Neiahyeah is definitely a Master of the language, it's also fun here not only at the HIP-hop district
作者: jimmyboy2102    時間: 2006-9-10 01:26     標題: For all of you to recall.........Happy Sunday

Not much people is around on Saturday night, might going out to searching for:-

Dancing Queen
( ABBA )

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen

Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for the place to go
Where they play the right music, getting in the swing
You come in to look for a King

Anybody could be that guy
Night is young and the music's high
With a bit of rock music, everything is fine
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine (oh, yeah!)

You're a teaser, you turn 'em on
Leave them burning and then you're gone
Looking out for another, anyone will do
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine (oh, yeah!)

Dig in the Dancing Queen

www.abbasite.com/playlist/play_video.php?file=01.wmv&bw=high

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ 本帖最後由 jimmyboy2102 於 2006-9-10 01:49 AM 編輯 ]
作者: taurus    時間: 2006-9-10 01:34

引用:
原帖由 jimmyboy2102 於 2006-9-10 01:26 發表
Dancing Queen
( ABBA )

Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out f ...
Many thanks, Brother Jimmyboy,

It sure is a very good website with varieties of music to choose !  
作者: jimmyboy2102    時間: 2006-9-10 01:42     標題: For all of you to recall.........Happy Sunday

Bro Taurus,

Thanks for viewing!!!!

Happy everyday!!!!!!!!

[ 本帖最後由 jimmyboy2102 於 2006-9-11 01:01 AM 編輯 ]
作者: oldfella    時間: 2006-9-10 19:07

Thanks for all the fun I get from reading your interesting posts !
作者: 白貓兒    時間: 2006-9-13 13:07

The songs of ABBA were among those oldies that I grew up with and that
demonstrated to me the musicality of the English language.
作者: 白貓兒    時間: 2006-9-13 13:40

'To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time'  
by Robert Herrick

Gather ye rose-buds while ye may,
    Old Time is still a-flying:
And this same flower that smiles to-day,
To-morrow will be dying.

The glorious Lamp of Heaven, the Sun,
    The higher he's a-getting
The sooner will his race be run,
    And nearer he's to setting.

That age is best which is the first,
    When youth and blood are warmer:
But being spent, the worse, and worst
    Times, still succeed the former.

Then, be not coy, but use your time;
    And while ye may, go marry:
For having lost but once your prime,
    You may for ever tarry.

勸女于歸

采采薔薇,及其未萎;
日月其邁,韶華如飛;
今夕此花,灼灼其姿;
翌日合如,將作枯枝.

朝暾炘炘,爛若天燈;
其光熠熠,載耀載昇;
彌迅其行,彌短其程;
日中必昃,言曛言暝.

年當荳蔻,妙齡之佳;
精血方盛,及春歲華.
一旦虛度,將自怨嗟;
韶光如駒,爰征以遐.

汝莫佯羞,及花仍稠,
采之擷之,覓一良儔.
韶華易逝,歲月難留;
良辰一誤,永無好逑.

(吳漢文 譯 / 孫梁 校)
作者: 白貓兒    時間: 2006-9-13 13:51

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

(1 Corinthians 13:4-8a, The New Testament)

愛 是 恆 久 忍 耐 , 又 有 恩 慈 ;
愛 是 不 嫉 妒 ; 愛 是 不 自 誇 , 不 張 狂 ,
不 作 害 羞 的 事 , 不 求 自 己 的 益 處 , 不 輕 易 發 怒 ,
不 計 算 人 的 惡 , 不 喜 歡 不 義 , 只 喜 歡 真 正 理 ,
凡 事 包 容 , 凡 事 相 信 , 凡 事 盼 望 , 凡 事 忍 耐 ,
愛 是 永 不 止 息 。  

新約聖經哥林多前書 13:4-8

歡迎光臨 香港 Xocat Forum 討論區 (http://p.xocat.com/p/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0