推介:| 廚具餐具 | 烹飪課程 | 紅白酒 | 咖啡 | | 蒸溜水 | 濾水器 | 中餐館 | 甜品店 | Coffee Shop 咖啡店 |

發新話題
打印

French 私房菜

Thank You for the info.  

Were they previously operating in CWB, Russell St. just opposite Times SQ ?

IF so, I'd totally agree with your comments.

Would be nice if you could give us their phone number.  Thanks,

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-6-15 17:43 發表

Yes, I believe so. The Chinese "waiter" is an ex-Peninsula chef for over 20 years and he knows so much! Ambience of this new restaurant is very good too! The number is 28935891.

We ...
THANK You, I shall be going soon

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-6-16 16:05 發表

Please give a report later, OK? Hope you'll enjoy.
Yes! Sir

引用:
原帖由 alphagirl@ 於 2007-6-21 00:08 發表

Good! Thanks for letting me know.
There should be some good things around that area. I know more and ore restaurants open in that place so what else worth trying?

Do you know ...
Another restaurant I quite like in this area is Ingredients, nice atmosphere, medium expensive if you order their $500-$600 five course set dinner menu (changed monthly).

Attached below was their set menu found in my e-mail inbox. Everything was quite good, I especially liked the fish and the chicken main courses.  Chicken was surprisingly tender and juicy.

--------------------
ingredients……a restaurant
pre-order set dinner menu
april 2nd-may 6th
available all week

cold ginger infused pumpkin soup with cranberries and chives
-------------------
pan fried king prawn with garlic and chilies, served with vermicelli salad and cilantro vinaigrette
------------------
lime mango sorbet
------------------
pan fried new zealand fillet of lamb, marinated with fennel and mint, parsnips and vegetable ragoux, served with spicy ginger chili peanut sauce and mint oil

or
deep fried lemon grass infused fillet of grouper, pine nuts, dried fruits-lime zest couscous, caramelized endives, served with sour plum sauce

or
oven baked chicken breast stuffed with swiss chart and enshallots, served with poached celery and madeira chicken foie gras sauce
--------------------
seasonal greens with grape seed oil dressing
---------------------
tapioca sponge cake with lime pave, ginger infused truffle chocolate with amaretto vanilla sauce
---------------------
reg tea/coffee

hk$560 per person
cake charge of $100 for up to 2 lbs
(we make cakes on premise)
10% service charge is added to the total bill

引用:
原帖由 moxfactor 於 2007-6-22 01:11 發表
*ahem* it's not foie gras, it's just foie gras "sauce".

about La Fete, it's nice to find a nice and cozy place for good French food, i like t-shirt + jeans too much to eat at Brasserie ...
Yes, Ingredients is a trendy but comfortable place. Its fusion cuisines are nicely done, not overly "fusion" if you know what I mean.  Other then the monthly set menu, it does have an extensive regular menu you can oder from. They said the set menu is intended to give new customers an introduction to their style and specialties.

Anyway, I do think La Fete was nice when it was at Russell St., I had pleasant evenings there, and I'll soon vist their new place.

引用:
原帖由 alphagirl@ 於 2007-6-22 00:15 發表

Thanks for the info. Personally I like foie gras for dinner. Do you know any good place?

(Although I know its not healthy eating foie gras, just once a month is acceptable i think ...
I don't think a decent pan fried foie gras is that difficult to make.   Nicely done foie gras is quite common place among HK restaurants IMHO.  The problem is I can't remember a single such place to recommend to you !

We went to La Fete last week.  Yes, it is excellent value for money ($320 net per person). The food was 粗粗地 but good and tasty, and you get lots and lots of it (make sure you would go there very hungry).  

However, I do not think it is a good place for a romantic evening.  It was quite noisy with about 20+ diners at the time. The restaurant’s rather low ceiling didn’t help.  I’d much prefer the old Russell Street place with its airy high ceiling (found in older buildings.) The same rustic decor worked very well then, and now it is quite out of place.

I left the place feeling a bit hectic from the noise.  To conclude, I asked my dinning partner how she liked the dinner, she said she liked it and definitely would go back, but it has to be in a long time.

Note: A $50 corkage came with the bill. The waiter in his t-shirt and jeans offered to ask on my behalf the owner/manager to waive it, but I said never mind. Total bill came to $690 plus discretionary tip. �

[ 本帖最後由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-7-10 09:44 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-7-9 21:08 發表

As I said, seafood was best, followed by the appetizer, dessert and soup. The main courses can be considered "rough" but good nevertheless. Everything was top-notch 100% FRESH! Did you  ...
I went on Saturday.

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-7-10 17:36 發表

But did the access and the dilapidated elevator of the old Russell Street place bother you?  And also Men and Women using the same toilet....
I thought the old building was charming, and I didn't know it had an elevator.

I didn't know men and women had to share same toilet, as I didn't have the need to use it, nor did I have a chance to check out the one(s) at this new place either.

Anyway, I prefer a more refined surrounding than......

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-7-10 18:59 發表

Charming?  If you refer to inside of the restaurant, it's a matter of opinion.  But if you refer to the access, from ground floor, the lift leading to the 3/F, no way.  That place was like ghetto.  
Ha Ha, Yeah, Okay you are right.

May be we'd talk more about it TOM pm?

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.