推介:| 汽槍 | 軍服 | 直升機 | War Game | 軍用品 | 軍事模型 |

發新話題
打印

Firearms: 手槍篇

I own a Sig 220 ST (stainless) 45 ACP – I tried to learn to like it… but just not my “cup of tea”. The regular 220 is worst because it is top heavy. Just not into polymer guns, so “plastic-ie” (don’t want to offend anyone, just not my taste).

I like my 1911s better. Smooth and clean.

Here is picture of my TLE/II RL (use by LAPD SWAT), with Surefire X200:

My old Sig 220ST:

If you guys like, I can post more of my firearm… on the other hand, Brother Sig – you have quite a collections of firearm!

thank you la...

Sorry guys - I have to type English, it will take me years to type them in Chinese…

You are right – different people have different taste. No right or wrong. I guess my hand (size XXL) does not like “Polymer” grip.

My TLE/II is with the external extractor (you know your stuff dude) and lucky for me, I have no problem so far. I did a few upgrade on it myself (MSH, trigger, etc). It is my home defend gun with the Crimson Trace laser (hard to see on the photo, but the active trigger is right under the trigger pull/magazine release button) and X200… did I mention that I am a gunsmith as well??   

You into IDPA? I am both IDPA & IPSC members… to round things up: I am also NRA Certified instructor & Range Safety Officer (RSO)…  

If any of the brothers here in this forum have any firearm related questions, just feel free to ask!!

Brother Sig – thanks for your comment.

I like 1911 is because you can upgrade “anything” within the pistol – and that’s the beauty of it. If you don’t like trigger, fix it. Want to change the trigger pull to 3.5 lb? No problem! The other advantages of 1911 is that most of the parts are compatible with other 1911. I can take out my MSH and install it on another 1911. Something you can’t do with other non-1911.  

I left HK 20+ years ago and moved to Hawaii (therefore the call sign Aloha Ric), now I am in California. I always laugh at the HK Police (regular PC) because of their low power 38 special. Most of the bad guys are carrying AK or other high cap pistol. A model 10 - 6 shooter just no gonna to work! I heard that they are moving to Glock 17/20, true or not?? The HK SWAT team is much better equip – MP5 and Glock 17 as standard side arm. Unfortunately MP5/Glock 17 (only 9 mm) would not work on a level 2 body armor – which sometimes the bad guys do have.  

On the other hand, I am not a full time gunsmith/NRA instructor – just my hobby (an expensive one!). My girlfriend just gave up on me after I purchased my 10+ firearm (I think she lost count as well).  

By the way, here is a Beretta Neo 22 that I bought for me GF – good for pinking! I installed a red-dot for easier targeting as well. It looks more like my StarWar phaser!  

HK Police sidearm – SW Model 10 – 38 Special

There is a history to this firearm. I was able to find this on an US online gun site. The cost is not that bad, around USD $400.

Obviously I did not purchase this for its fire power (it is only a 38SP, what do you expect?), but there is a sentential value to this piece of history.

When I received the revolver, I did my usual – clean/lube the gun. It is relatively “clean”. Not too much gunpowder leftover – barrel is clean and same for the rest. I will just leave it “as is”, as stock as possible – no upgrade.

I took the revolver to the range, just to fire a few round (out of my box of 50, I only did around 30 rounds – see photos for whatever ammo left). No “kick” at all – even less than my 9 mm.

I just want to point out a few “special” on this revolver:

* It used to belong to the HK Police force (sure – duh!)
* There is a marking at the side RHKP 7337 – I guess it used to belong to PC 7337
* To make the deal “sweeter”, this Model 10 is silver, not the regular black/blue color
* I recall the HK police firearm's color is black – I wonder why is this “silver”? May be it belong to a higher ranker office?  

Seeing at the last photo, I have put this “history” in my trophy case and left it on the wall. The old Royal HK Police badge in the photo was a gift from my friend (he bid it for me from HK Ebay).

On the other hand, if anyone can updates me (or everyone else on this forum) what’s equipped with the current HK police that would be great!

Thanks again in advance!

Wait – I thought that the SDU + ASU have the MP5 – saw some photos on newspaper (SDU also have the Remington 870-12 ga as backup)??

Not true??

Thanks again buddy!!!!!!

The good think about the 9 mm (Glock 17, etc) is that you can have 17 round + 1 (or 33 if you want your magazine to stick out like “Morpheus” in the freeway scene – on the second Matrix movie (the best car chase scene ever made!).

I think that 9 mm as sidearm may be “weak” (I should not say that – since the US force had standard issue 92FS in the 80s) and there is always the discussion of “stopping power” of the 45.  

It is why most of the police department in US have moved to Glock 22 (40) or Sig 226/229 (40) (only if the department can afford Sig!). I know a few local Sheriff/CHP carrys 1911/45 ACP instead. They wear a level 2 amor as well (which is not as heavy as I initially thought).

IMHO – 45 is the way to go! (or if you have the iron grip and with the hand size of a gorilla  – I recommend the Desert Eagle 50 instead)

引用:
原帖由 SIG 於 2006-9-13 02:36 AM 發表

Brother aloharicnsa,

以USD400 買一支舊款左輪我感覺貴左少少,因為俾多些少錢已經可以係 USA 買到支全新 Smith & Wesson M686,當然呢支 M10 當收藏品又作別論。

所有香港警察訂購o既槍械都會要求 ...
Man - now I need to look for a black/blue one!?!    See how long it will take me this time?

相關搜索目錄: 收藏

This is one my SA Mil-Spec (1911 – 45ACP) that I converted to use in my open class IPSC. Somehow the scope mount did not work out – ejecting shell case sometime (or at the worst time) get stuck and it eats up my shot time.

The usual upgrade on the 1911: trigger to 3.5 lb, MSH, hammer, beavertail and FLGR (I like heavy gun).  

引用:
原帖由 SIG 於 2006-9-14 04:39 PM 發表
OH....... is your Springfield really a Mil-Spec??!!   seeing from the photo It looks like a stainless steel to me. (In which I had a stainless model before)  
Yes – the original pistol is SA – Mil-Spec, which is a cheap entry level of 1911 from SA. The other one you mention (blue) is called Mil-Spec GI (the photo you shown), which is the cheapest of all 1911 from SA.

The base Mil-Spec is not a fun 1911 to shoot – hammer bit, no memory beavertail, shitty trigger, really, really bad sight … etc. Trust me – I have done plenty of upgrade on it, actually one of the reasons I purchase the Mil-Spec is the cheap $$ and I purchase it as my first project pistol. I can make it to whatever I like/want – once again – beauty of 1911.
引用:
Very common problem problem with the 1911, ejecting case hitting at the scope mount and jam the pistol!  

Have you ever try to file a little bit on the ejector to change the ejecting angle? Or, get a single side scope mount to solve this problem, you should be able to find many in Brownells, right?
I played with the ejector angle and still no good. It is not the ejector but the design of the mount is the problem. I could have purchase a different scope mount (move towards the front and clear the case ejector issue) but then I would have to drill holes on the frame to mount it. Something I don’t want to do.  
引用:
Just curious, you really using this pistol to shoot in Open Division?!!!!!    A single stack non-compensated 45, against those hi-cap boys with full house ports and whatever that shoot 38 Super or 9X23mm!!!!!  I give you my highest respect pal!!!   
Yes I tried open/single stack with this – but obviously I failed miserably. Apart from the “jamming” problem, my pistol is total “out-gunned”. Some the pistol in open division cost close to my car (over $5-10K!).  Next time I will post my other 1911 that I used for single stack.
引用:
BTW, I have installed a SV Titaium sear spring into my Wilson Combat, it reduce the trigger pull from 3.5 lb down to 1 3/4 lb without hammer follow, you should try one.
1 ¾ trigger? That’s crazy dude! You need to be careful with that kind of trigger… or better yet, let me know ahead when you have the pistol with you and I will be sure I am go the other way!  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry – had been busy at work for the past week – crazy!

Here is what I used for my competition – IDPA, ISPC and tactical match (something different) –
SA 1911 Service - 9 mm – did the usual upgrade – trigger, hammer, beavertail… etc. <I think that I upgraded all my 1911 the same path>. I know, I know – it is only a 9 mm… and I got less point on scoring (compare to using 45)…  

Before I upgrade anything - stock pistol:

After the upgraded (unfortunately you can't see the inside stuff):

Installed with Novak fiber sight:

I am pretty proud with this little 1911. I can do ½ inches group, 10-15 yards free hand. Every time I did that – I have that grin on my face after I collect my target paper.

Due to rules and regulations on IDPA/IPSC, I am not allowed to install any “ghost ring” type sighting – which I did installed on my other Mil-spec.

I will show you guys on next posting.  

Have a nice weekend!
本帖最近評分記錄
  • SIG 體力 +20 Brother aloharicnsa, Very nice pis .. 2006-9-26 10:31
  • SIG 威望 +20 Brother aloharicnsa, Very nice pis .. 2006-9-26 10:31

Dude - those are classic man... hard to find!

OK guys – as promised, here is my modified SA Mil-Spec that I “tried” to use in single stack, production… unfortunately I have installed the “Ghost Ring”… it is a no no (found that after the installation).

Here are some photos – front and back:

Front sight – with Trijicon

Rear sight – with Trijicon 2 dots

How it looks like when targeting (when you are holding the pistol):

From the side:

It helps me to acquire on target “faster”, may be a 1/10 of a second – but I guess anything help during the match (or gun fight)!  

Now if I want to use this, it would be in single stack, “open class”…

I always wonder why people from HK really, really like Glock firearm?

Is it just me or me being bias??

No right or wrong - just my thoughts (and I don't want to piss off any Glock fans here neither)!!

[ 本帖最後由 aloharicnsa 於 2006-10-14 06:27 AM 編輯 ]

Sorry guys – had been away for awhile – checking the site once in a while but never have time to post – sorry la.

This is my first semi-auto that I purchased a while ago - Beretta 92 Brigadier – differences from the basic 92FS - heavier slide and 1 mm wider (or in this case – a slightly heavier pistol).

In US, the Beretta 92 FS was well-known from Lethal Weapon movies (Mel Gibson) and Die-Hard (Bruce Willis). Everyone got to have it!  

Beretta pistol used to be Italian made – but now are US. 92FS was used in US military during the 80s, as well as some police department. Nice thing on the 92FS design is that you can have 1 (as of 1 ammo) in the chamber but the firing pin is block (as safety) – it would decrease the chance of accidental discharge (not like Glock). It is a double/single action (DA/SA) – what it means it that the first pull of trigger is DA whereas afterwards is all SA.

I like the 92 (apart from the movie-factor) because of its size. It is a “big” gun for a 9mm – which many people complain on it. But I like it (and my hands are XL) – that’s all I care.

Upgrade done on this - apart from the grip, I have installed a night site ghost ring (similar to my Springfield 1911) and a 3.5 lb trigger pull. Nothing special on this pistol – but a work-horse (and will probably last forever!).

PS – I would love to get my hands on a 6” Colt Python too…but because of the “collector” value – it is almost impossible to get one in US (a good condition one will be over USD $1.5K+)

引用:
原帖由 SIG 於 2006-11-2 03:01 AM 發表

I have no obligation to hard sell any Glock however Glock has THREE internal safeties (1) Drop Safety (2) Firing Pin Safety and (3) Trigger Safety, in fact it is much more safer than most of the other firearms design!   

Di Lo Sig:

I don’t agree with you 100%.

The design of Beretta & Sig (or High Power etc) is “safer” than Glock before of the safety block. Even though if you pull the trigger, it is not going to fire.

So for an untrained people – if he pull the trigger on a Glock, it would fire (intentionally or not) – whereas the Beretta/Sig/HP pistol … nothing happen.

Trust me – there are thousands and thousands of argument on numerous forums here discussing the design/safety of Glock and I don’t want to go into another pissing match again.

Golden rule – never put your finger onto the trigger until you are ready to fire!!

On the other hand, I am going to pick up my new G34 next week (first plastic gun - wow wow!! ) and use it on “Production Class”. Will post photos next week (just to show that Mr. 1911 here is not really Anti-Glock la)…  

I think I am wrong with Sig - because there is no safety block on the pistol - but there is a safety for the trigger - DA/SA action.

OK – as promised, I got the new Glock 34 on Monday night – spent 30 minutes to break in 300 round FMJ (WWB)… no problem at all.

I used to “hate” Tupperware gun – just not my cup of tea… but after some playing with G17L + G34 from my friend, I thought that I give it a try (and it is much cheaper than my 1911) – probably use it for production class or unlimited (either or).

There are a few differences between G17 & G34:

1. Longer sight radius and barrel
2. The cutout in the slide is for weight reduction
3. Come with a 3.5# connector (instead of 5.5#)
4. Extended slide stop lever
5. Extended magazine release
6. Factory adjustable sights (will change to night site soon)

So far, I only put on the decal tape (more stickier to handle) and that’s all.

Will spend time on the range this weekend to break in more (probably no need for that).

Will post more photos later on with this project – more to be followed.

One last thing - the Glock's trigger/safety is still not good for beginner - once again, IMHO

[ 本帖最後由 aloharicnsa 於 2006-11-8 02:01 PM 編輯 ]

引用:
警方 早 前 揀 選 了 多 款 槍 械 , 包 括 電 影 特 務 占 士 邦 使 用 的 德 國 華 爾 瑟 ( Walther ) P99 、 P99C ; 美 國 史 密 夫 威 遜 ( Smith & Wesson ) 及 瑞 士 Sig-Sauer 的 九 毫 米 口徑 曲 尺 手 槍 , 供 軍 械 專 家 及 一 百 名 刑 事 偵 緝 人 員 測 試 , 比 較 其 穩 定 性 、 安 全 性 及 損耗 度 等 。
根 據 槍 械 公 司 網 頁 資 料 , Sig-Sauer 的 P239 標 榜 易 於 攜 帶 及 收 藏 ,尤 其 適 合 探 員 休 班 時 佩 帶 , 網 上 顯 示 的 售 價 為 每 支 約 5,700 多 港 元 。 本 港 警 方 今 次換 槍 , 估 計 需 款 2,000 多 萬 港 元 。 警 隊 CID 換 槍 計 劃 幾 經 波 折 。 由 於 現 時 使 用 的 曲特 ( Colt ) 點 三 八 短 桿 左 輪 停 產 , 維 修 零 件 也 無 法 補 充 , 警 務 處 2001 年 醞 釀 換 槍。
HKD $6K for the 239 - which is around USD $750 - not cheap at all (specially if you are going to replace all of them, the price should be better.

On the other hand, I guess anything is better than a .38 revolver la (6 rounds and low power)...

引用:
原帖由 SIG 於 2006-11-30 12:46 PM 發表

The price is US$1,527,162.00 for supplying a total of 3,900 pistols plus 7,800 magazines.
Please DO NOT ask me for the individual break down!

Somehow, some features of this pistol doesn’t match the mandatory tender requirement, and some other competitors (like H&K, Glock) are starting to make a complain to the HK Government. That could be a possibility they drop the tender and re-issue a new tender again…….. We’ll see.  

Base on the numbers, the cost is around USD $400 each - which is not a bad deal for Sig at all. So, HK cop can only have 2 magazines? That's not enough la... assuming they are all high cap (or regular cap) at 15/17 rounds (not sure?) - you still end up with 30 rounds or so... but hey - it is much, much, much better than the 38 SP wheel gun la...

If I have a choice - I would go for the 1911 full size - talk about stopping power of the 45 (compare to 9 mm) - make me feel like a MAN - ok ok... I am not Dirty Harry here in SF with his 44 Mag... now that's a classic!!

I guess I have to get use to my G34 before I can move on to other plastic gun – sorry la, mental block here…  

As for the GAP45, some how it is not picking up as fast as Glock wants (SA/XD is making GAP pistol as well) … still the main stream is the 45 ACP (if you want 45) … well, 45 has been around over 100 years, can’t be that bad after all.

Still don’t have time to work my G34, will post more photos later on (probably do it during the holidays).  

引用:
操控.45 射擊比 .38難好多, 要多d練習至得. d 阿sir 有排練, 要用時, 唔好誤中途人.
I agree with you 100%. The recoil on .45 is much heavier than most of the firearm, of course except the 44 mag or the 50 DE.  

Unfortunately the stopping power on .38 is relatively low – lucky most of the “newer revolver” will be able to handle the 357 mag on the same revolver. 357 mag is better than basic .38… bottom line – practice make perfect.

On the other hand, if the bad guys are using AK (223), then my .45, 44 mag or 50 DE is not going to help neither!! RUN!!!

相關搜索目錄: 射擊

引用:
原帖由 keibeast 於 2006-12-21 08:35 AM 發表
Ak rifle = call back up.
or call SWAT...

Merry Christmas to you all.

I found that there is nothing much to upgrade on the G34 except the adjustable site, which sucks big time. Therefore I only did the followings to it during the Christmas weekend:

1. Add the Mag-well
2. Change the matching color armor plate (more for cosmetic purpose)  
3. Replace the original adjustable site and install with Trijicon Night Sight

Just need to get familiar with the trigger and the “feather weight” (compare to my non-Tupperware pistol) and I am good to go!

Now – what is on my Santa’s list next?!

引用:
BROWNING 完全唔受控制, 都係 GLOCK易好多.
Do you mean the recoil 唔受控制 ? or the grip of the pistol is hard to hold on to??

引用:
原帖由 keibeast 於 2007-1-13 07:32 PM 發表
記得十年前同個當警察o既朋友講過, 如果所有警槍都換曬 browning 或 glock, 遇搶槍時會冇咁危險, 未 cock 過槍o既人要花d時間至figure out點射. 佢覺得都有d道理, 不過佢話用左輪就唔會jam彈, 呢發唔得再拉就得.
The funny thing is that in US, hardly anyone would 搶 警 槍 – because firearm is easily available to regular Joe. Most of the cop here use Glock 22 (40SW) – and amazingly the “bad guys” are not interested in the 40s… give them the AK and they would be happy.

But in Hong Kong –  .38 is king!  

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.