推介:| 補習介紹所 | 補習學校 | 功課 | 海外升學 | 美國升學 | 澳洲升學 | 班會 | 教育資源 | 學生會 |

發新話題
打印

[疑難] 請問有人懂Change management 嗎?

What level are you in at school?  Are you in University or in High school? Let me know so I can help out.

ok.  
1. All the changes you said above is all related to an organizational change.  
The evolution of the change management field stems from psychology, business and engineering. Hence, some models are derived from an organizational development perspective whereas others are based on individual behavioral models.  In an organization, Organizational change management includes processes and tools for managing the people side of the change at an organizational level. These tools include a structured approach that can be used to effectively transition groups or organizations through change.
Planned change and emergent change would be Total Quality Management, which is influenced by Eastern management style and Re-engineering concept which is influenced by Western management style.  Effective sensemaking and effective emergent changes are closely related. The more fully sensemaking activities are activated, the more effective the change.  

Incremental change means big changes made all at once just don’t work, any problem is solved with a series of the smallest changes that make a difference.  In another words, for an organization that needs to change, small steps will be needsed in order for it to change successfully.
Discontinuous change is qualitatively different from incremental change. It requires a break with the past, perhaps even the deliberate destruction of certain elements of the current system

As for number 2, Structure Change, Culture Change, Strategy Change 之類係點樣去planned/emergent change 之類?

Well, these changes will be all related back to the organized changes.  in an organization, the structureand the company culture has a direct relationship on what the company does. If the company needs to change, the structure and the company's culture will also need to be changed to adopt to the new changes.  Which means, the management will need to plan on the changes.
The strategy will also change at the same time when the company decide to change it's path of what it choose to do.
Remember, both Planned and emergent changes are linked together.

Well, saxontse, I hope what I have told you help a little.  It is hard for me to type all the stuff out for you, but I hope you got the idea.  Also, remember change is a very subjective thinking.  It all depends on what the organization decide for it's future path.  If you still need me to answer you questions, let me know.  I will do my best to help

ok.  First you need to figure out what is the CHANGE related to, business or personal (but I think for your topic, it will be more on business).  Then you need to know what change you need to do; which means, what you want to accompolish at the end.

You ask 佢地之問有無抵觸? 或有咩關連? 定佢地本身無任何瓜葛? Well, that all depends on what the ultimate out come that you or the company decides.  They will have no relation at all, but on the other hand they are all related!

Think of a company, a big company.  Let's use IBM as an example.  For the longest time.  IBM has been changing little by little.  They have sold their laptop and PC business to Legend in China.  What does IBM wants to do that?  Why do they want to change from a computer manufacture company to a service company??  The easiest answer is because there is no money to be make in the PC manufacture business.  Now how does IBM change themselves into the services company that they are in?  Well, here are the steps

1.  Their management team will need to have a change management team to slowly implement these changes.  They will need to have a planned change.  In this planned change, they will need to have incremental change to slowly move away from the PC business, then they will have to planned on the spontaneous change in order to start the services business.  Then they will have to have a evolutionary change in order to oush out those services.  Remember, IBM used to be a PC manufacture, so for them to be in the services business, they will need to change
2.  Since IBM is a big company, the will need to do the changes little by little.  That's where the incremental change come in.  If they change everything at one, the company will not be able to cope with the change.  Think of a vehicle turning into a corner.  Do you think a smaller car and turn smoothly or a big truck can??  IBM is the big truck so if they change very fast, what do you think it will happen?
3.  With the changes into services business, IBM will need to have the reactive and anticipatory changes as well.  With the new business IBM will have new customers and new requirements from them.  IBM will need to be both reactive and anticipatory on what new things will come.

ok.  Now let's use a smaller business as an example.  Let's use a indepentdenly own 7/11 corner store as an example.
If they want to have more business what can they do?  Well, they also will need a management plan on the changes of what they want to do.  So planned change is a must.  but because of it's size, do you think they will need an incremental change?  Well, they probably don't.  They probably will use spontaneous change, since if the spontaneous change doesn't work, they can change into something else.
Now in this case, do you think they will need incremental change?  They probably will not need.  Since they are small enough, they will not need to take it step by step.   
Will they need to be reactive?  Yes they might, since they migght need to explain to customers why they change.........

So in another words, the change you talked about is all context base.  You will need to understand what context you are talking about in order to see if any of these changes are like you asked, 有無抵觸, 有咩關連, 定有無任何瓜葛.  I hope this helps.  If not, please let me know.  I will try and explain it to you again.  No problem.  

Good luck

恭喜恭喜.  Glad that you starting to understand.

ok.  Before I answer your question, please let me know what mickey's 7S and weightboard six box models are?  往末聽過.
But I can answer you the following:
1.  A company will make changes based on any one of those environment.  In your example, a company change was triggered by all three environment.  For example, because of the hand writing orders, the company is losing business because of the non-effectiveness of the company.  Client may think they are too slow on processing orders (this will be the external environment).  In this time of year hand write orders are not effective, too many paper are being used, and some time these paper will be lost because of un-organized employee.  Results in lost of orders (both internal and temporal environment is here).......Now on the other hand, a company has already upgraded all the necessaries to be competitive, but they need to have better employee training for their new ordering system.....here it is only the internal environment......Do you understand this part?

4. If you want to use these for further research, you will need to understand every single model.  How it relates to a company.  To me, all 4 of these model contain change in a way.  It will need you to think more deeply in turn to understand.

what I mean by think deeply is 明白佢地的 relationship.  Use example to link them together and see if you understand.  Once you get the idea, you will be better to understand what is going on.  Remember, all these are related!!

如果你再有問題, 我會很樂意幫忙

無問題, 我很樂意幫忙, 但是如果你耍我幫你去分析你所要寫的公司, 就有點難, 因為我完全不知你那公司是做什麼的.
但是我可以講的是所有change approach 是同你以上講的model 有關係.  但是你耍用時間去分析.

hummmm........ok. Why don't you let me know what the company does and why they need to change.  Then may be I can have a more clear picture to help you.

如果你不介意, 請給我一天時間, 我會幫你再分析一下你的公司.  
你也不用worry, 我只會幫你明白你要的東西, 其他的你就要靠你自已啦

No problem.  I will get you what you need by Sunday morning.

Hello there,

First I have to say 對唔住, 因為太多野做所以遲了回答.  唔好意思

ok.  Here is what I can see form your company.  Your bank is looking to do a lot of chnages and when you look deeper into it, all these are pretty much changes that you had talked about.  From the IT department to the customer services area, there are changes to be make.  No, let me ask you the following questions.

1.  In the IT department, when they need to change, what kind of change will they need to do for them to be successful??  
2.  Now.  In the customer service department, since they want to have their IT department and they want to increase their services, what kind of change will they need???

Just let me know on those, then we can go forward.  But when you can answer these questions, you are pretty much done on what you need to do, since this is just a guide line for you to start thinking the right way on the changes.

Let me know if you need help.

ok.  You are getting there.  which is good.

Now here is something for you to think about. First, they all need to have a planned approach.  No company can just do a change without any planning, so you are right on the planned part.  Now what kind of change will you need?  You said incremental change, think of what incremental means.....then apply it to the department you need.  Just a hint, all the department will need the incremental change, since this is not a small company, so they will need to have a step by step plan to change it.

Now, do you think tinkering change will be needed?  Also, which department will be reactive and which department will be anticipatory?
Also, since you already said the bank needs to have the planned change, what will they need to plan on it?? or how will they plan for it?  If you can answer these questions, you are pretty much done.

I hope these suggestion helps you, and if you need more help, please let me know.
Good luck.

ok.  You have to think.  How will the bank change the way they do business.  For example.  In the IT department, can they change at once or can they change a little at a time?  This will give you the answer if they need incremental change or quick fix change,or other changes.  Think of it this way.  A big company like this bank, can they just change everything at once, or do they need to chnage it a little bit at a time to make it all useful?

Now in the customer service area, will they need a reactive or anticipatory change?  on the other hand, will they need to react to the customer's action to have the best change or they need to anticipate what the customer like will be a best change.

Just try and think of these first.  Then tell me what you think.

Good!!  You are getting there.

Now, if you are saying that a company will need to change little by little, than what kind of change are you talking about?  

Also, reactive and anticipatory are both change reaction that affiliate to all changes.

ok.  you should be able to finish your work now, just think of how a company will do to make it better and don't think of these changes are very hard to understand.  They are not that difficult.  Just put yourself in the company's shoes and you will see where you need to be.

If you still need more help, please let me know.
Good luck in your project.

Ok.  This is a little bit harder to explain.  I will have to start from the beginning.

Each company has it's own culture.  I will use Microsoft as an example.  Their product is part of our culture.  Think of how Microsoft's software changes our life in doing business and also doing homework.  How it changes for us like what we are doing.  I can help you with your homework and stuff...Now, let's say they are going to change somthing with their business, will it effect our way of living??  This will be part of the culture change.  Also, they have their own way to do business; that is their business culture.  If they are going to change, they will need to understand how it will effect their internal culture as a company.  Remember, when you are looking at a company, think of it as a person.  When Microsoft needs to change, will this change effect their internal culture as well as the external culture??

As for Political change, just like the example with Microsoft, because it is so big, will it effect any political view in the society??  Or will it effect the own internal political structure?

As for structure change, it is mostly internal change

So remember, all these changes you mention, like Culture and Political has both Internal (company's own) and external (society) effects.  You will need to really think of it before you settle on a decision.  As for Structure change, it is basically an Internal thing.

In another word if a company as big as Microsoft, when they are planning to change, they will need to plan on all these changes very detailed.  Each change they will have a mock model to see how it will effect everything, both internal and external.

I hope this will help you to understand more.  If you need more help, please let me know.

You are only seeing the internal part of the problem.  What about external part?  In your first part, the changes you listed is all internal only, nothing external.  External will be something like if the bank is not going to change the IS department, will they be able to compete with the other banks??  You have to see it for the external part as well.  Your internal part is ok, but where is the external part?  

For the 2nd part, again, you are only looking for internal.  Where is the external??  You said the IS department cannot support the development of the credit card division, why??  the IS department is the heart of the banks's operation.  Why can't they support he credit card division?  Can they out source to another company?  

Also from what I see the customer services needs to change as well, have you think of that one???
What I suggest is read through your case with an open mind.  Think of it fromall angles.  That will help you out.

相關搜索目錄: Credit card

Read the case more carefully and open your mind to think of it.  A bank is a business, but without external influence, the bank cannot do any business. When a bank is doing business, what external factor are there.  Also, from your case, the bank is a very old bank and it will have some influence from other sources, for example, the government?  Don't forget, you have different branches in different country, so will a change in let's say England be the same as the branch in Asia?  Will the political rule approved the bank's changes??  Are the customers all the same over the world?  Is a person in Europe will have the same need in Asia??

Open your mind and think of it.  There are a lot of things related to this bank.  Read the case over and drop down the notes.  If I am going to tell you more, I will be writing the report for you...  

Read the case over and think of what the bank will need to change and what affect will there be internally and externally.  everything is not just one sided.  Remember, every story has a different way to tell.  Business is the same.  There are more than one way to form a solution.  

Good luck

Remember one thing.  When you are doing a case, you will need to take time to understand and break down the case.  Especially in this situation, when you read deeply into it, this bank has a lot of problems.  These problems can be resolved by internal changes, but remember, some of these changes can effect external changes as well.  You will need to put yourself as the executives in the bank.  Think like they do, think of how they will solve the problem.
A bank this size is like the HSBC (香港匯豐) everything HSBC does will effect a lot of different ares.  Remember, how does HSBC make money?  By itself or from people?  
You have to think my friend.  Keep thinking like the executive of a bank and you will be ok.

First, please don't say that you are stupid!!  You are learning and you will need guidance.  I hope whatever I told you is helpful for you, since I have been in business for a while, so these are kind of easy for me, but in real, the implementation is hard some times......
Anyway, back to your case.  You are correct.  Although your case is just a case, this bank does not excist, but you still have to treat it as a real bank in the real life situaion, then PEST will work.  As far as I can see, all your ponts are valid, but there are more into it.  Not just the ones that you listed, but there are more...

In the Political point, remember what I told you.  This is a big bank and it's been in business for a while, so which means, they will have political connections.  Now if this bank decide to change, will it effect any of that??  Also, this is just external. How about the Internal political point?  What will all the CEO do, if they have to make changes.  What about the managments??  Think of these and be creative!  

In the Social point, birth rate is decreasing, correct, this is also external, what about internal???  Will they get new people that has experience to come into the bank and keep the bank competitive??

In the Economic stand point, if the changes are in place, will there be any salary changes for all the personnel??  With the new IS department, what will happen with the people that is working now?  Remember, there is a possiablity for the bank to down size, so what kind of effect will it have?

In the Technology part, you are only talking about the internal thing like the transaction will be faster, but will it effect the personnel right now?  Will they need more people or les people to do the job?  With the changing technology world, will the bank need to keep upgrading their IS?  This will be the external effects.

Remember, put yourself as the bank's CEO.  If you are the CEO and you see that the bank is dropping profit and market shares, what will you do?  Don't tell me you are going to hire some killers to kill of the other banks.....   But seriously, think of what they will want to do and need to do.  Also think of this.  You own your own company and if it has all these problems like the bank, what will you do???

What will you do to change your company??  This is not a one day project and it takes time to think and analysis everything.  If you think you can do it in just a few days, you are wrong.  SO take your time la.

Good luck

Hey saxontse,

無問題, 最重要係你知到佢地的關係.  我如果真係可以幫到你就最好.  
如果再有management 問題, 除時話比我可聽, 我好樂意幫忙.

Hello Saxontse,

唔好意思, 咁遲先回答你的問題, 因出了trip.
你問management 書?  好難同你講邊D係好, 因本本唔同.

用英文會快D: If you want to learn how to manage, you will need to work and get experience.  The reason I say is because all these management books author has a different management style.  There is no wrong or right answer for them.  If you really want to read some, any management book will be ok.  Since the management theory is pretty much the same, is just how you will use the management theory in real life situation.  Remember, the theory is just a theory.  You will need to understand it before you can truely use it in real life.  Also, in the books, situaions are already controlled and set.  In real life, you will have different situations and also one thing may lead to or affect other things, so you will really need to think it through.....but if you are good at it, management is really fun.

Also, I suggest you apply for some company's management trainee jobs.  those can give you some insite on what management does, so you can get real life experience.  Remember, in the menagement world, experience is worth more than what you can read in the books.  The more problems you encounter, the better you will be when the next one come at you.

So good luck my friend.

No problem.  Even if your degree is for Business Information Systems, you can still apply for management trainee jobs.  There are a lt of different management trainee jobs around.  Just try it out.

Remember, the more experience you got, their you will understand.  Business Information Systems, will some times need the knowledge in manageent to understand the whole thing.

Good luck

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.