推介:| 廚具餐具 | 烹飪課程 | 紅白酒 | 咖啡 | | 蒸溜水 | 濾水器 | 中餐館 | 甜品店 | Coffee Shop 咖啡店 |

62 123
發新話題
打印

French 私房菜

French 私房菜

La Fete - BEST kept secret. Located at St Francis Street Wanchai (near Star St.)

I have tried them 3 times and by far (I have been to about 5 different French food "private" places), it is the best value for money with excellent ingredients and genuine French provisional cooking. The owner/cook is French.

No lunch. Dinner $320 per person (guaranteed to be satisfied). Must book in advance as they keep minimal stock to ensure freshness. Corkage can be waived. Excellent starters, HUGE seafood platter, superb soup (tasty lobster bisque and heavenly Mushroom soup), tremendously delicious main courses (2 types per table to be shared - have tried salmon in capsicum sauce, baked pork loin, minty lamb steak, French chicken, steak), BEST dessert ever (esp. creme burlee)!

The base menu is set but you can make request if there are particular food items you favour. If they can get the ingredients, will cook for you.

Thank You for the info.  

Were they previously operating in CWB, Russell St. just opposite Times SQ ?

IF so, I'd totally agree with your comments.

Would be nice if you could give us their phone number.  Thanks,

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-6-15 16:32 發表
Thank You for the info.  
Were they previously operating in CWB, Russell St. just opposite Times SQ ?
IF so, I'd totally agree with your comments.
Would be nice if you could give us thei ...
Yes, I believe so. The Chinese "waiter" is an ex-Peninsula chef for over 20 years and he knows so much! Ambience of this new restaurant is very good too! The number is 28935891.

Well worth your effort!

回復 #3 peninsula 的帖子

Seems attractive! Do you know if they would open on Sunday night?
Is it good place for 4-5 people to seat long and chat? I mean a 2-3hrs at least.
You know, sometimes you go to a restaurant but the background music is so loud..i hate it.
'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'  

thank you buddy, I am gonna to try it.

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-6-15 17:43 發表

Yes, I believe so. The Chinese "waiter" is an ex-Peninsula chef for over 20 years and he knows so much! Ambience of this new restaurant is very good too! The number is 28935891.

We ...
THANK You, I shall be going soon

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-6-16 08:00 AM 發表

I have been to their Russell Street joint three or four times and first couple of visits, I thought it was good because it was good value in terms of quantity.  And as usual, "good value" does not equate to "delicious".  On top of that, the building/elevator was like a ghetto, and the ambience was old.  I haven't gone back for 5 years.

I would call this joint an OK eatery (assuming they have better facility in their new address), but if you look for quality, NO!!  There are many better choices elsewhere.

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-6-16 11:04 發表
I have been to their Russell Street joint three or four times and first couple of visits, I thought it was good because it was good value in terms of quantity.  And as usual, "good value ...
I cannot agree with you. The seafood platter is one of the best I have sampled. This new place has good ambience, excellent for long chit-chat.

So which ones do you recommend? The usual 5 to 6 stars hotels' outlets? Please recommend some. Thanks.

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-6-16 08:00 發表
Please give a report later, OK? Hope you'll enjoy.

引用:
原帖由 alphagirl@ 於 2007-6-16 01:21 發表
Seems attractive! Do you know if they would open on Sunday night?
Is it good place for 4-5 people to seat long and chat? I mean a 2-3hrs at least.
You know, sometimes you go to a restaurant but t ...
Yes, they open on Sunday and can cater for private party up to 40 people. But if on any night, there are not more than 10 people, they will not open. I went on a Monday night and there was just enough for them to operate!

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-6-16 04:04 PM 發表

I cannot agree with you. The seafood platter is one of the best I have sampled. This new place has good ambience, excellent for long chit-chat.

So which ones do you recommend? The usual 5 to 6 ...
This is definitely not the worst 私房菜 I have been to, althogh it's definitely not among the best.  I said it's an OK restaurant for good value, if the place has better facility than the old Russel Street joint.  Try Mirepoix although they are currently undergoing renovation.

I won't compare them with the usual 5 and 6 stars hotel restaurant.  They are in different league.

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-6-16 17:04 發表
This is definitely not the worst 私房菜 I have been to, althogh it's definitely not among the best.  I said it's an OK restaurant for good value, if the place has better facility than the old ...
No need to argue. Our tastebuds will be the final judge. Let others make comments later la.

Just came back from Ces't Bon Telford Garden. Really disappointing except for a couple of dishes.

Everybody would know you can expect good meals if you are prepared to pay $600 to $800 per head.

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-6-16 16:05 發表

Please give a report later, OK? Hope you'll enjoy.
Yes! Sir

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-6-16 08:07 發表

Yes, they open on Sunday and can cater for private party up to 40 people. But if on any night, there are not more than 10 people, they will not open. I went on a Monday night and there was just e ...
Just curious, do you mean if their reservation list is less then 10ppl, they will close? I think this is quite disappointing if somebody planned to go there one night but it will not open cos of not enough customers?

Besides, if the food is so good, why so few ppl go there? Is it just newly opened so not many ppl know the place?

引用:
原帖由 alphagirl@ 於 2007-6-17 20:30 發表
Just curious, do you mean if their reservation list is less then 10ppl, they will close? I think this is quite disappointing if somebody planned to go there one night but it will not open cos o ...
Not much publicity. They cannot afford to open if less than 10 people make reservation in any night as costs will be too high. Besides, they don't keep a lot of food to ensure freshness and buying for less than 10 people is not worthwhile. If you pick Friday or Saturday, I am sure there will be enough people.

Go try and tell us if any good.

how about the wine list

Are they have a good wine list for customers to choose?

相關搜索目錄: Wine

引用:
原帖由 winelover 於 2007-6-18 16:27 發表
Are they have a good wine list for customers to choose?
OK list but better to bring your own.

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-6-18 04:40 發表

Not much publicity. They cannot afford to open if less than 10 people make reservation in any night as costs will be too high. Besides, they don't keep a lot of food to ensure freshness and buyin ...
Ok, will bring along some friends and try once.
Do you think it is a good place to celebrate a good fd's birthday?

By the way, any parking space? I don't think I can find one easily at/near star street??  

引用:
原帖由 alphagirl@ 於 2007-6-20 00:20 發表
Ok, will bring along some friends and try once.
Do you think it is a good place to celebrate a good fd's birthday?
By the way, any parking space? I don't think I can find one easi ...
Don't drive.

Yes, very suitable for birthday and quiet chit-chat as well!

引用:
原帖由 alphagirl@ 於 2007-6-20 12:20 AM 發表

By the way, any parking space? I don't think I can find one easily at/near star street??  ...
If you drive up to Star Street, and turn right and go downhill at Cine Citta, there's a multi-storey car park on the right between Star St and Queen's Road East.

You can call up La Fete to find out.  I think the Chinese guy's name is Yves.

呢間野都好隱蔽0下, 雖然只係響我公司後面, 早兩個月前食過, 係食指定套餐, 我地兩個人, Salad, Soup, 頭盤, 一大碟海鮮拼盤, 主菜係燒鷄及羊扒, 甜品, 地方細細, 但唔算局促, 不過好黑0下, 最適合情侶, 收費HK$320, 以食物及環境可以接受, 值得一試.

引用:
原帖由 peninsula 於 2007-6-20 04:38 發表

Don't drive.

Yes, very suitable for birthday and quiet chit-chat as well!
Good! Thanks for letting me know.
There should be some good things around that area. I know more and ore restaurants open in that place so what else worth trying?

Do you know a famous restaurant nearby for eating 喇沙?  

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-6-20 07:59 發表

If you drive up to Star Street, and turn right and go downhill at Cine Citta, there's a multi-storey car park on the right between Star St and Queen's Road East.

You can call up La Fete to ...
Ic, thanks!
I just read from the net that Cine Citta got a good selection of wine, but expensive. Have u been there? v

引用:
原帖由 alphagirl@ 於 2007-6-21 12:17 AM 發表

Ic, thanks!
I just read from the net that Cine Citta got a good selection of wine, but expensive. Have u been there? v
I used to go to Cine Citta regularly but have not been there in the last couple of years for meals - and I don't know why.  Last time I went there was for a fashion show in Aug 05. They did have a good selection of wine but can't remember if they were expensive or not.  But their price is always on the high side.  Three years ago, I tried to book the venue for a company function - cocktails and snacks - and they quoted me something like $200K for a 5 pm to 8 pm for 100 people.  

I like Italian, so I like the place and it's worth a visit if you don't mind paying a little more.

引用:
原帖由 alphagirl@ 於 2007-6-21 00:08 發表

Good! Thanks for letting me know.
There should be some good things around that area. I know more and ore restaurants open in that place so what else worth trying?

Do you know ...
Another restaurant I quite like in this area is Ingredients, nice atmosphere, medium expensive if you order their $500-$600 five course set dinner menu (changed monthly).

Attached below was their set menu found in my e-mail inbox. Everything was quite good, I especially liked the fish and the chicken main courses.  Chicken was surprisingly tender and juicy.

--------------------
ingredients……a restaurant
pre-order set dinner menu
april 2nd-may 6th
available all week

cold ginger infused pumpkin soup with cranberries and chives
-------------------
pan fried king prawn with garlic and chilies, served with vermicelli salad and cilantro vinaigrette
------------------
lime mango sorbet
------------------
pan fried new zealand fillet of lamb, marinated with fennel and mint, parsnips and vegetable ragoux, served with spicy ginger chili peanut sauce and mint oil

or
deep fried lemon grass infused fillet of grouper, pine nuts, dried fruits-lime zest couscous, caramelized endives, served with sour plum sauce

or
oven baked chicken breast stuffed with swiss chart and enshallots, served with poached celery and madeira chicken foie gras sauce
--------------------
seasonal greens with grape seed oil dressing
---------------------
tapioca sponge cake with lime pave, ginger infused truffle chocolate with amaretto vanilla sauce
---------------------
reg tea/coffee

hk$560 per person
cake charge of $100 for up to 2 lbs
(we make cakes on premise)
10% service charge is added to the total bill

62 123
發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.