推介:| 網頁寄存 | 網頁設計 | 開網店 | 電郵申請 | Wordpress Hosting | 外賣平台 | 英語課程推薦 | 風水屋 | 房間風水懷孕 | Timway Testimonial | Wedding Planner | Wedding MC |

發新話題
打印

Old PICs (Japan and UK)

回復 25# 的帖子

Pen Hing: Probably we already have antibody to the mad cow disease. Like influenza could kill a huge number of them.

引用:
原帖由 av8s 於 2010-12-25 10:38 發表

Probably we already have antibody to the mad cow disease. Like influenza could kill a
You must be a happy man, as you get used to see things on the bright side, I like it!
筆懵懂  字敦厚  不以人廢言  不為世俗而避諱  當非董狐  惟學董筆  時扮小丑以娛人娛己  偶亦撰嘻笑怒駡怪論以玩世

回復 27# 的帖子

Yes! Thanks Pen Hing.

回復 27# 的帖子

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst?

引用:
原帖由 mtpen 於 2010-12-25 10:12 發表

Yes, it’s true. Perhaps we may have got that scary disease in our body already.

I’ve got a stupid question, why is that our motherland China has not got that mad cow disease so far? As ...
I doubt much about that...

男人不忠, 會唔會坦白 ?

仲記唔既得蔣彥永, 我偶像 ?

引用:
原帖由 suewong 於 2010-12-25 16:59 發表

I doubt much about that...男人不忠, 會唔會坦白 ?  
我希望係我自己多疑啫!否則真係避風避着雪矣!

响英國餓牛餓得耐,番咗嚟咪搏命食番夠皮囉。

我信哂祖家話中國牛冇瘋牛症謘C見佢哋誓神劈願,仲保證話如有作假弄虛,甘願雙手交個政權出嚟俾柴玲、吾爾開希佢哋,從此退出江湖咁話,講到咁,冇理由唔信瞴I

至於話去滾,都話咗冇咯,做咩係都要話人唔坦白唧,嬲謘I

引用:
原帖由 mtpen 於 2010-12-25 18:47 發表

我希望係我自己多疑啫!否則真係避風避着雪矣!

响英國餓牛餓得耐,番咗嚟咪搏命食番夠皮囉。

我信哂祖家話中國牛冇瘋牛症。見佢哋誓神劈願,仲 ...
有冇發覺澳門 SARS 個案比香港少 ?

第一手消息, 塔起哂.

p.s. 下次飯聚, 話你知我點會知...

引用:
原帖由 suewong 於 2010-12-25 20:50 發表

p.s. 下次飯聚, 話你知我點會知...
Fine, thank you.

到時講時講呀,千祈咪洩露國家機密呀!國安局知道就蝦碌喇!

引用:
原帖由 suewong 於 2010-12-25 20:50 發表

有冇發覺澳門 SARS 個案比香港少 ?

第一手消息, 塔起哂.

p.s. 下次飯聚, 話你知我點會知...
有樣野我都係聽返來,唔知真定假,但希望唔係真。

SAR時期,香港死左299 人,但据稱無一個係吸煙者,究竟有無其事?
不扮高深,只求認真......

引用:
原帖由 理魯竇 於 2010-12-25 22:42 發表

一啲都唔出奇吖!政府當時想淡化市民恐懼,一見啲煙剷香咗,就將佢classify為肺癌而唔計入沙士條數,咁做法可以理解。

兼且當時兵荒馬亂,邊度有人咁神心,得閒走去問佢係咪煙剷吖,仲唔嗱嗱淋打包燒咗算喇!

一係就係鷹尾煙草公司放啲咁嘅流料去害人,等啲冇腦嘅人誤信以為可以以毒攻毒,攞啲煙攻吓就百毒不侵,好似滾人食萬壽膏咁。

用個腦諗吓喇,沙士個正式學名好似叫乜鬼肺炎、唔知上定下呼吸道感染。平時已經日日煲煙傷害自己個呼吸系統,個肺有幾好自己最清楚,仲有乜理由期望會對此致命病毒有抗疫能力呀?信嗰個都白痴兼低B喇,係冇?

回復 35# 的帖子

GOOD!.......

引用:
原帖由 理魯竇 於 2010-12-25 22:42 發表

有樣野我都係聽返來,唔知真定假,但希望唔係真。

聽說青壯的死亡率, 比老人高...

so it may be true...

附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件, 請嘗試多貼文章獲取積分,積分超過 120 或特定用戶組方可查看.

引用:
原帖由 ces 於 2010-12-28 02:25 發表

Trafalgar Square....
講起特拉法加廣場,英國華人對此有個美麗的誤會。

此廣場離唐人街一箭之地,揸車出入猪乸街南下South London,差不多乃必經之路。

若果問路,與其話乜鬼法加廣場,不如問「大狗」响邊仲好過。

我初來步到,不明所以,後經老叔父指點,原來廣場有幾隻大銅獅子(見圖左黃色衫鬼婆側)佢哋叫獅子做咗「大狗」。

你知早期來英者,大多乃新界鄉親,响唐人街餐館做到辰昏顛倒,就算行過都係趕猴趕命咁,邊有心機企定定睇真嗰幾隻黑古勅掘嘅係獅子定狗呀!  

另一說法係「獅子」發音近似「死仔」,唔老黎喎!

ps Av8s兄有乜補充,小弟所聞,老兄有否聽過?

[ 本帖最後由 mtpen 於 2010-12-28 16:46 編輯 ]

回復 39# 的帖子

Pen Hing: Yes! they call Gerald street as 猪乸街. also local Chinese call 大狗 and not Trafalgar square. 大狗 is easier pronounce than 大獅 and of course 唔老黎 in Cantonese. By the way, do you think the old photo Bovril sign was in 大狗?

回復 40# 的帖子

Sorry Gerrard street 猪乸街;

引用:
原帖由 av8s 於 2010-12-28 17:22 發表

Yes! they call Gerald street as 猪乸街. also local Chinese call 大狗 and not Trafalgar square. .
As far as I could remember, Trafalgar Square is situated on a fairly level and flat place, whereas the road at the far end shown in the third picture given by Brother ces in post #1 seems going down a slope.

Hence, I doubt very much if the picture was taken around the Trafalgar Square.

Talking about Gerrard Street, the official Chinese name of which is elegant and extraordinary - 爵祿街. The pronunciation of which is also very closed to the original English name, and it couldn’t be better with any other words.

Unfortunately, we naughty and silly Chinamen used to call it 猪乸街, just like pulling it right from the heaven down to the hell, sad, isn’t it?

回復 42# 的帖子

Yes! You are absolutely right: 爵祿 for them are quite hard to tell, so 猪乸 is quite easy to tell and remember especially for those who do not speak English immigrants.

附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件, 請嘗試多貼文章獲取積分,積分超過 120 或特定用戶組方可查看.

引用:
原帖由 ces 於 2011-1-3 17:11 發表

Carnaby Street.........
第三幅圖條街最易估,正中米字旗雞乸咁大隻字寫住Carnaby Street歡迎全世界。

位處Central LondonSOHO區,乃全英最旺,隣近唐人街,由成條街都係英女皇物業嘅Regent Street入最近,Oxford Street嗰邊入就行遠咗些少。

條街乃很短之橫街仔,路好窄,但非常聞名,因各新潮時裝舖雲集,潮人朝聖必到,街尾有一大型連鎖年青服裝店Liberty坐鎮。

成條街古式古香,包括Liberty在內,所有建築物相信皆有百年歷史,我指外牆而矣,屋內可能全新起過也未定,因法例不准改外牆,只可翻新。

小弟同老妻於此留下不少脚毛,因每星期六、日皆會由South London揸一小時車去唐人街飲茶兼買雜貨,一場去到Central London,必行勻Oxford Street
Regent Street,包括此Carnaby Street,然後返回唐人街食埋晚飯才番歸。

相關搜索目錄: 建築

回復 45# 的帖子

Pen Hing: Your should spend a lot when return from London city, by the way, there was a small cafe near 唐人街's HSBC, operated by Chinese. The drinks were very cheap, a cup of milk tea at 50p.

引用:
原帖由 av8s 於 2011-1-3 20:07 發表

there was a small cafe near 唐人街's HSBC, operated by Chinese. a cup of milk tea at 50p.
Absolutely! 50p for a cup of tea in Central London is considered value for money. It cost you at least a pound in the Café inside the Department Store of Selfridges or John Lewis in Oxford Street.

Yes, you’re right, whenever we went to Central London, the first thing we needed to do was to replenish those Chinese groceries from Chinatown for that week and the car must be fully loaded when returning home.

You’ve once said that you lived in Britain in the 90’s. Do you think we’ve met each other before somewhere in London Chinatown? Have you ever been in Croydon and taken the Dim Sum lunch at大同 Chinese Restaurant and shopped at榮業 Chinese Supermarket over there?

If you consider it as your personal privacy, please just ignore this stupid question would be all right.

回復 47# 的帖子

No problem. It just a small world and I am sure we should have met in 1996 but not yet known each other at that time. But I have a feeling we may meet in 1996 in Chinatown, like it's name almost 90% black hair people there. I made many friend there too no matter what their nationality. Chinatown is a must to go for something they miss in UK. Like you go for Chinese groceries or VCDs or VHS tapes? There's no DVD in 90s. I had been that area and like go every places there. You never have enough time to spend, although the IRA was quite active at the time I stayed.

引用:
原帖由 av8s 於 2011-1-3 23:13 發表

No problem. It just a small world and I am sure we should have met in 1996  ...
Sure, Chinatown was the only place where we’d cure our homesick at that time, particularly in the first few years of our stay in England.

We used to stay there almost every weekend, and I’ve got a funny feeling that we must have met over there at least once, probably sitting in the next table of a restaurant, though we didn’t know each other at all.

Talking about the VCD, it was a very strange product to those Britons, as you couldn’t find VCD and VCD players in Britain except in the Chinatown. In fact, VCD was only an interim and premature product of DVD. Probably due to the poor quality of which, it’d never appeared in the market of Britain, as they’d gone straightaway from LD to DVD in the 90’s.

Yes, IRA was an awful nightmare at that time, as Chinatown and the nearby areas were targets of them. Even after the September 11th 2001 terrorist attacks, we stayed away from Central London for couple of months, of course including the Chinatown.   

Which part of the country you lived at that time? You ran your own business over there, or took up an employment like me?

Pen Hing: I believed that we must have metand probably sat next table, it is quite a strange feeling when talking back tothe 90’s. Yes! VCD was only the interim of those two formats. It was only popularin China and Hong Kong. Nowadays the IRA stopped sabotage in London and peacewith his English brother.  I had stayed two parts of England, LondonRussell Square and Hampshire, at that time I got involved a project of image recognitionsoftware development and marketing with a MOD contractor in Southhampton, itwas my business with the contractor.

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.