推介:| 紅酒 | 白酒 | Wine | 花店 | 啤酒 | 香檳 | 咖啡 | Disco |

發新話題
打印

Wine lovers! pls come in!!

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-11-27 12:11 發表
... I bought a 1998 Greenock Creek RR Shiraz
Oh, that's another real good thing! just can't bring much back....

there are 4 ways you may sell your wine at better price:
1. Sell it at Yahoo auction.
2. Ask for sell at some famous drinker's blog if you know one.
3. If you have good relationship with a wine shop you may ask them to help selling your wine at the shop and you pay commission.
4. Ask Oncologist whether he want to buy it and share with his friends, you know he just bought a bottle of Hill of Grace?
With either way, I don't think you can get much higher than 80% of the market price.

相關搜索目錄: Wine

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-11-28 16:39 發表
Barton brother,

How much is 80% ?  I may buy it from DJV through you.

Haha,  just missed a chance to get the commision. There is no reference for 98 in hk but I believe the resonable price is about 4-5k.
Brother Devjau, I am just a small potato and you need to ask somebody 有頭有面 to assure wine shop to believe your wine is in good condition. I'm afraid that I'm not qualify to be your agent la.

[ 本帖最後由 barton 於 2007-11-28 21:35 編輯 ]

Should be held in January, just not fixed any date, right? I have no objection with any place. Actually, Chinese and Western restaurant can be used in turn so that we can have different style.

I'm OK. It's also a good time to celebrate Chinese new year beforehand.

sure, just send to me when you get it.

Oh yes, I just see it and will post it tonight.

Updated, here is the menu:

[ 本帖最後由 barton 於 2007-12-8 01:46 編輯 ]
附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件, 請嘗試多貼文章獲取積分,積分超過 120 或特定用戶組方可查看.

我想知 1962 仲有冇 bubble 呀?

I confirm that I'll join. Thanks.

Do you guys want pure French? or also want to try some new world clone of Rhone?

If you want French I can bring Beaucastel CDP 1998 (RP95+),it's just entering its drinking window, or I can bring CLONAKILLA 2001 Shiraz Voignier (JH96) which suppose to be one of the best Australia's Cote-Rotie style wine.

[ 本帖最後由 barton 於 2007-12-13 00:17 編輯 ]

OK, then I'll bring the Beaucastel. By the way, I also think JH's rating are often too generous, same thing happening on RP's mark to aus wines, who's rating you guys think is more reliable for aus wines then?

[ 本帖最後由 barton 於 2007-12-13 00:45 編輯 ]

Of course we don't just rely on grading, only when we don't have first hand experience, grading is still a good pointer, at least it will reduce chances buying a bad wine with our hard-earned money. The practical problem is that we can't try and taste everything so that we can only trust those experienced drinker or so-called wine critics. Actually, I find myself enjoyed wines ranging from RP80-RP9x, sometimes a RP92 wine is not necessary better than RP85 wine, even Parker himself said the difference between RP96,97,98,99,100 is just something emotional at a given moment.

本帖最近評分記錄

Foie Gras from second course.  Thank you.

[ 本帖最後由 barton 於 2007-12-18 23:46 編輯 ]

Brother dejavu, I think some ladies may not like too meaty, you could include the Salmon or Cod in the main course selection and you make decision for other choices la.

[ 本帖最後由 barton 於 2007-12-19 08:58 編輯 ]

Oncologist, Any good Rhone after 2000 is just too young to drink IMHO, or you could buy a white wine, we have only 2 white from Tai till this moment.

no problem la, I don't mind to drink any wine while it's a good wine.

[ 本帖最後由 barton 於 2007-12-20 09:06 編輯 ]

Brothers, that problem puzzled me for a while before, many people say that use a decanter can accelerate the maturity of a wine, some even claimed that 1 hr in the decanter just like 1 yr in the cellar, if that is the case why should we still cellar our wine? now I come to my own conclusion that even decanter can help to smooth out the tannic and help different components integrate better so that a new wine is more approachable in it's early stage, I still believe good wines need time and patient to allow those complex aroma and secondary flavor to develop, that can't be replaced by a decanter. Any insightful opinion about it?
引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-12-19 23:43 發表

use decanter la
[ 本帖最後由 barton 於 2007-12-20 16:27 編輯 ]

Merry Christmas to all brothers! May your liver be mechanical and wish you enjoy more & more good wines in the coming year!

I'm ok on both date, Thanks!

big group 熱鬧些, small group 容易熟絡些, all brothers here are very nice.

Cia999's "點解隆河咁好玩?" is quite informative, seems he did pay a lot of effort to collect those information.

15 個人分一支, 等於每人半支益力多?

可愛老頑童's suggestion is very constuctive, actually I can offer a pair of Domain Beaurenard CDP 2001 instead of the single bottle of Beaucastel, it's less famous but seems still a solid wine (RP89-91, WS94), just see your perference.

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.