推介:| 紅酒 | 白酒 | Wine | 花店 | 啤酒 | 香檳 | 咖啡 | Disco |

發新話題
打印

Wine lovers! pls come in!!

friends, where can I find Leeuwin's Chardonnay in HK? I know that Rare and Fine Wine has it, any other place of reasonable price? Thanks.

相關搜索目錄: Wine

Rare and Fine wine price is not high already.  If in Watson's, price must be      higher.  

ar Tai,
first gal ar ma, more inspiration to us ar..hehe..

Parklane
I tasted an old bottle of burgundy at the corner of the hall..it is the 1985 vintage.  Onyl few bottles at the beginning. I tried it twice.
I was disappointed by all the Bordeaux this time.  I like the Delas Cote rotie.  The Italian wine, Spanish Chivite gran reserva and all the German wine esp the eiswien and Tba.  very impressive.

i like the italian wine of the night
actually i spent too much time at the italian counters, and didn't taste much of the french and aussie wine, what a waste

引用:
原帖由 barton 於 2006-11-20 07:20 AM 發表
friends, where can I find Leeuwin's Chardonnay in HK? I know that Rare and Fine Wine has it, any other place of reasonable price? Thanks.
U can try wine buff in wanchai.  They hosted a Leeuwin dinner about 2 months ago and they offers art series chardonnay for 03 vintage at less than 600 per bottle.  But I will caution you that new vintage of Leeuwin is not always in its best form.  01 vintage is just beginning to show its wealth and 03 vintage may take even longer to mature.  If you plan to buy and open, then I do not recommend Leeuwin.  There are plenty of them out there at lower price can deliver the same joy today.  Of course if you plan to store it for at least 5 years, Leeuwin art series chardonnay is the choice.

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2006-11-20 07:10 AM 發表

Long time no see ar.  Welcome back.

I like the German Ice wine most.  And the Peter Lehman too - from the 6 litre bottle of course.
Thank you.  I planned to try the dry white first, then pinot, then red, then German white but by the time I went to German corner, everything is gone.  What a pity.

Anyone recall the 1993 white from France with a very special taste.  It is next to Delas Freres counter.  I didnt jot down the brand but I quite like it.

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2006-11-20 04:44 PM 發表
Rare and Fine wine price is not high already.  If in Watson's, price must be      higher.  

ar Tai,
first gal ar ma, more inspiration to us ar..hehe..

Parklane
I tasted an old bottle of b ...
Yes it is the 1985 clos vouguet but it is only of average quality.  Of course, magnum of Delas Feres, I recall it to be Les Bressade 1999.  Very nice wine.  There is one more wine show this Saturday organised by winenow in Happy Valley, anyone going.

you mean the one organized by winenow?
i didn't order the advanced/discounted tickets >.<

hi parklane

where is wine buff??  the one opposite to Hopewell Centre?

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2006-11-22 08:34 AM 發表
hi parklane

where is wine buff??  the one opposite to Hopewell Centre?
Yes it is a small shop opposite to the temple around Hopewell Center.  There is nothing much you can window shop there.  Better leave your name and email to them and they will send you the list of new stock every month by email.

how's the wine fair last week?  anyone been there?

i did not.  By the way, there is a new supermarket called THREE SIXTY in Landmark Central. SO many organic wine and so less popular but very good wine from Loire, France, Aussie and NZ. If have time, worthy going for a look.

oh, is it?  i didn't notice such new shop
i like the white (chinen blanc) from loire for their acidity and refreshness very much
will go there shortly

ask the sales, they have very good chenin Blanc.

Hi! it's nice to read this thread! It's good place to share!

I'm a wine lover, but I'm only a beginner, hope bros won't mind. I'm not rich, the price range I've tried is HKD 50-1900 - the cheapest one is 1996 長城干紅 Cab Sau., the $1900 is a 1989 Lynch Bages. And I always drink alone, a.k.a less varieties I've tried.

I'd like to share 2 very interesting experience just happened recently: I had a bottle of Las Vacos Reserve 1998 with 打邊爐, at the beginning it's nothing special, but during the middle of the meal, I found the "pairing" is so wonderful! I found out it's the Las Vacos Reserve and the 辣椒豉油, they just match so good!

Anothe experience is Penfold St. Henri Shiraz 2001 with 大排檔 黑椒羊鞍煲, I like Shiraz with 羊腩 for long time, but this time, the Shiraz with 羊鞍煲 is just exceed my expectation. Worth a try.

BTW, I'll have 避風塘炒蟹 with friends a few days later, I'm thinking of pair it with a sparkling wine - light to medium bodied, well balance of 甜酸度, I haven't tried this before, is it a good idea? Any recommendation?

[ 本帖最後由 amoureux_de_vin 於 2006-11-29 01:43 AM 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 炮艇工兵 於 2006-10-21 08:26 AM 發表

95正!
I liked Lynch Bages, too, it's an all time favourite when dinning with biz friends, vintage I've tried: 89, 94, 96, 97, 99, 2000, they're very consistant and 96' 00' are outstanding, but too bad they're becoming over-priced now, 五級酒莊, 2級價錢! then I switched to Montrose, Les Fort du Latour.

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2006-8-23 12:27 AM 發表

ha, i am not tall at all and only have 178cm tall...
for the wine around $100....
my choice is all in Park'n shop
Montgras, Los Vasco when on sale...from 138 to $88
Also, the from win ...
I once follow the recommendation from Dee's blog, tried a JJ McWlliam's Cab Sau 2004 from Park'n shop, $99@, very enjoyable, very strict and no-nonsense, but when I try the Melot and CMS, that's another story.

BTW, 你地鐘意睇"神之水滴"嗎?

One more question: What's your favourite wine with oyster? Chablis? Chardonnay? Pouilly Fuisse? Others? I'd tried many but haven't found my favourite yet, any comment?

wellcome amoureix,  Troplong Mondot is one of my favorite. Not very expensive. Med. body with its unique smokey taste.  
Also, I think Champaigne is also a perfect match with oyster.  I personally seldom touch new world Chadonnay except Western Aussie and Washington. US
all u list are good for oyster. For Chablis, buy the grand Cru with little more money.
Don't forget Sancere and Muscadet Ser lie.
More suggestion : Gewruztraminer for Thai or Vietman food.

DeeTsang is higher ranked than most of us.  A master!

Penfold St Henri's 2002 has got 95 pts by James Holliday. watch it!

For mutton, southern france is a good choice such as Cheateauneuf de Pape and Cote de Rhone Village.

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2006-11-13 03:14 PM 發表

want to check on Amour de Deutz Champagne, Millesime 1999 Blanc de Blancs.  Any good?
anyone tried that before?

ha, i wasted a bottle of Troplong Mondot 96 last time, she still has a long way to go, i opened too early

personally, using grand cru chablis with oyster is not my favourite as the 腥味 of oyster will become much stronger, i prefer using Muscadet Ser lie, the additional favour from the lees just make the wine very enjoyable

引用:
原帖由 parklane 於 2006-11-22 10:04 AM 發表

U can try wine buff in wanchai.  They hosted a Leeuwin dinner about 2 months ago and they offers art series chardonnay for 03 vintage at less than 600 per bottle.  But I will caution you that n ...
Thanks Parklane, can you suggest some good Chardonnay for short and medium term drinking? I like the more elegant and complex burgundy style.

Columbia crest Grande Estate Chardonnay.
Very good in Dry Washington area. Burgundy like.

then why not going Burgundy direct?

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.