推介:| 紅酒 | 白酒 | Wine | 花店 | 啤酒 | 香檳 | 咖啡 | Disco |

發新話題
打印

Wine lovers! pls come in!!

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-9-25 14:51 發表

Big hug and kiss - I'd rather you get outside help to show your gratitude.

Vintage 2001.
what kind of outside help you would prefer

>> Do you know customs people knows the price of Giaconda?

actually you dont need to say anything, just bring all bottles and show them, they will check and tell you the price on their list.  They will automatically not count the most expensive one for tax.  except the Torbeck, i do not think the HK Customs has the reference price of the wine

相關搜索目錄: Wine

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-9-25 15:38 發表

The Torbreck, that's what I feared.  So, for your sake, I am not bringing the Torbreck this time, for fear that customs will know the prices of two - Torbreck and Giaconda.  I will bring the  ...
thank you for your kind arrangement

for the trick, we better

thank you dejavu, you are the man!!!

really have to prepare something good for you

that is possible if the wine has been stored in rather cool/cold environment, making her maturation being slower than normal.  my friend once opened a 70's burgundy white which turned out to be still too young!!!
but, from my understanding, 82 Lynch Bages should just be just average...

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-9-27 21:49 發表
I AM SO EXCITED TO PUT A BOTTLE OF W INTO MY CELLAR. IT IS THE HONOR OF MY LITTLE HUMBLE CELLAR.
Ar Tai, how about i bring my Chambolle Musigny Georges Roumier 2002? is it good enough?
are you serious??!!
my bottle of Bass Philips Premium is ready for this Pinot night!!!

>> 無底深潭pinot之夜:  多少BORDEAUX 精 亦不能回頭...

做乜攪到好似隔離個forum咁玩花臣對白呀

>> Dujac Morey St Denis

你唔係叫靚女買1er cru/ grand cru丫嘛???  好很貴架喎
(雖然我即刻流哂口水)

我兩日都ok, 不如就8/11啦, 等阿deajvu兄"have a break"嘛

dejavu兄, kiwi pinot???  唔識喎, 邊個區架?

barton兄, 我就梗係想飲支「望下姐」多d啦

太好喇, 三白三紅, 非常理想嘅組合

Summary
Date: 8/11 (Thur)
Time: 8:00pm
Venue: 4/F Yung Kee (鏞記)

Wine:
white
Benoit Chablis 1er cru 2001
Verget Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Chenevottes 2003
Leroy Meursault 1er Cru, Blagny 2002

red
Chambolle Musigny Georges Roumier 2002
Dujac Morey St Denis 1999, 2000 or 2001 (to be confirmed)
Bass Philips Premium 2004

Participants:
1. Dejavu
2. kenzo (+ 2 friends)
3. barton
4. Mr. & Mrs. 可愛老頑童
5. tailawyau (maybe w/ friend, to be confirmed)

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-10-6 17:35 發表

Kiwi = New Zealand.  

New Zealand Pinot Noir was what dejavu meant, I think.  
i see, 原來如此, 英文差真係失禮哂

btw, 請問知唔知鏞記有無burgundy杯?

my friend confirmed to attend the dinner, making a total of 11 by now already

sorry, I am not available on both 7 & 9/11
please go ahead if majority prefers the day
i can join in the next round

thank you, my friend and i are fine with 14/11

Revised Summary
Date: 14/11 (Wed)
Time: 8:00pm (or make it earlier?)
Venue: 4/F Yung Kee (鏞記)

Wine:
white

red

Participants:
1. Dejavu (maybe w/ friend, to be confirmed)
2. kenzo (+ 2 friends)
3. barton
4. Mr. & Mrs. 可愛老頑童
5. Dr. Oncologist
6. tailawyau (+ 1 friend)

Glenfiddich is not very popular in HK, I have just tried their 18yr single malt, which is rather forward and expressive, lack of the roundness and smoothness in other single malt whiskey like McCallen, but should be welcome by scotch lovers as they comment McCallen is too commercial and Glenfiddich is with more personality.  I once heard from my friend that Glenfiddich 30yr is very very outstanding one, but it cost $$$$$$

可愛老頑童
I will attend the tasting that night.  are you going for this?

Thanks a lot, Bro Dejavu!!!

Bro 可愛老頑童, will your friends bring wine with them for the night?  Please assist in updating the wine list, thanks.

Wine
white

red

attendance confirmed for my 2 seats.  thanks

可愛老頑童

you are so efficient!!! thanks

my draft tasting notes for the whites, the others will follow:

Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc Reserve 2001
The making of sauvignon blanc with heavy oak treatment, which is a clone of Pouilly Fume, has been one of the successes of Robert Mondavi’s Winery.  The wine was in light gold color with very high acidity.  Nose was full of smoke and coconut oil, while fruitiness like green apple and pear were still prominent.  A forward wine which was definitely a nice starter of the night.

Nose with nice buttery and creamy aroma while citrus fruits were clear.  A bit out of my expectation was that she was rather simple on palate with little mineral and medium acidity.

A very expressive wine with strong creamy vanilla nose, and also ripe yellow and stone fruits like pear, peach, apricot, etc.  Bitterness of chardonnay was noticeable on palate, which was balanced by the medium-high acidity and strong fruitiness.  Modern style Burgundy white.

Leroy is always Leroy, which is equivalent to the term of elegancy and beauty.  Nose was not too strong when first poured into glass, maybe affected by the low temperature of the wine.  Yet, throughout the night, she just performed like a sophisticated lady who was able to show her attractiveness but not too overwhelmingly.  Nice citrus nose and taste, with complexity of gun flint, blossom and white flower.

本帖最近評分記錄
  • kenzo1111 體力 +15 精品文章 2007-11-15 22:27
  • kenzo1111 威望 +15 精品文章 2007-11-15 22:27

The second part is as follow:

Chateau de Pommard 1997
Pommard is an area famous for strength of their wine as compare with other regions of Burgundy, and this bottle was a stereotype of Pommard for sure.  Full of red fruit like cherry, strawberry, raspberry, etc. while vegetal note of cabbage were all consolidate in the wine.  Pronounced nose and palate, a very nice food wine.

Faiveley Echezeaux Grand Cru 2002 (? Not sure the vintage)
If Pommard is the name for strength in terms of area, then Faiveley is the name for power in terms of domaine.  Very well structure wine, with strong nose of black and red fruit (blackberry, dark cherry, raspberry, plum, etc.) and strong tannin on palate.  The fine tannin and med-high acidity suggested that the wine should have a huge potential for ageing.  If I have another bottle of this wine, I would definitely keep her until at least 10 years later.

Georges Roumier Chambolle Musigny 2002
Elegant and traditional style of Burgundy wine, a slim and charming lady indeed.  With delicate nose of red fruit and vegetal note, she was a bit overshadowed by the previous two powerful wine.  If chances arise, this should be drunk in the first place to let everyone understand her true image.

New World Pinot Noir which was focus on the performance of fruitiness and balance.  Lovely red cherry and strawberry nose, with nice vanilla and caramel note, she was very smooth and balanced on palate.  Hint of sweet tone was noted also.

Chateau Pichon Baron 1986
I failed to give her a chance to show herself, as I wrongly believed that she should not be decanted.  When first poured into the glass, she was still very close like a shy girl, just showed minor tone of branches, mushroom, green pepper, blackcurrant, herbs.  Throughout the night, she evolved into different tastes, black fruit, tea leaves, truffle, etc. were shown more later, but there should be much more room for her to perform better.  I suggest keeping her for another 5 years to see the difference.

Chateau Rieussec Sauternes 1989
Medium amber color with oily full body, she should the style of a good aged Sauternes.  Very concentrated dried fruit like apricot, raisin, nuts, botrytis favor, and she was a bit out of my expectation that the sweetness is just med-high, which matched with the “goose liver sausage roll” of the night nicely.  An interesting food and wine matching experience.

如果成晚齋shiraz好似有d悶喎
不如就好似barton咁講
「新舊世界對對碰」
用葡萄/style做對比

即係例如:
Red Wine
Bordeaux blend (Cab Sau, Merlot, Cab Franc, etc.)
Rhone style (Syrah, Grenache, etc.)
Burgundy (Pinot Noir)

White Wine
Burgundy (Chardonnay)
Bordeaux (Sauvignon Blanc)
Rhone (Marsanne, Viognier, etc.) <- 澳洲有好多咁style的酒
etc.
etc.

每樣新舊世界各一支
咁應該幾好玩

純粹意見
大家不妨俾下comment

我都無問題
謝謝dejavu兄的安排
不過唔記得日子係幾時... :p

下, 你最後有得去咩???!!!
死野, 叫埋我嘛

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-12-8 17:42 發表

有喎, 兩行啦
好似飲有泡有acidity 的Montrachet. 好正好虛榮~~
係我飲過最老的酒~~
咦, 咁就差d喎
suppose Oenotheque is keeping the champagne in the optimal condition
不過, 我相信會非常複雜
非常的流口水

99用chardonnay比較多
餘韻帶苦好正常
應該好elegant
我都仲有兩支喺手

really envy...

sorry to confirm so late, 2 seats for me please, thanks.  and I suppose bro 可愛老頑童 can still invite your friends.  as bro dejavu said, there should be drop out in the last minute, no problem at all

For the wine, seems you guys are working on the red only, then I will bring some white, probably Chapoutier's stuff, will confirm soon

Thanks bro Dejavu, I choose chocolate mousse cake!

For the wine, I will bring 2 bottles of Chapoutier's white, which are made by same grape varietal but express differently.

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.