推介:| 紅酒 | 白酒 | Wine | 花店 | 啤酒 | 香檳 | 咖啡 | Disco |

發新話題
打印

Wine lovers! pls come in!!

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2006-12-2 12:55 PM 發表
then why not going Burgundy direct?
Because good Burgundy is very expansive and unstable. I find that it's quite difficult to find good Burgundy less than $600! Some good Domains (like Leory) charge more than $800 for their entry level wine.

相關搜索目錄: Wine

Tai gor,
Columbia Crest grande estate chardonnay is only about 150 and even 120 on ssales in Watson's. It is always the top 50 of Wine Spectator.
Everybody knows Merseult or Montrachet is good ar....money money money..

aust wine...penfolds
there is a muscat which is good....brown brothers orange..flora muscat

引用:
原帖由 barton 於 2006-12-1 03:07 PM 發表

Thanks Parklane, can you suggest some good Chardonnay for short and medium term drinking? I like the more elegant and complex burgundy style.
Bannockburn chardonnay and Bass Phillip are very reliable choice but some bottle age is necessary.  New wine, even white wine, need air.  I will normally open it and leave it there for at least half an hour so that the sulflur, CO2 will blow away and the wine will taste much better.  Both of them are at the range of 300-400.  Another one I like very much is Ashbrook.  It is also an Australian wine.  I bought a case of 2001 last year during sale and the price is less than 200 (from Boutique Wine in Southern Horizon).  If you like creamy, heavy wood, buttery style, Clauraut (you can find in Watson) is OK and it is ready to drink even for newer vintage.  This wine is a little bit too easy to drink and too obvious which lose the elegance aspect but nevertheless will please many people.

引用:
原帖由 amoureux_de_vin 於 2006-11-28 05:35 PM 發表

I liked Lynch Bages, too, it's an all time favourite when dinning with biz friends, vintage I've tried: 89, 94, 96, 97, 99, 2000, they're very consistant and 96' 00' are outstanding, but too ba ...
Bordeaux is becoming too expensive now.  You just wont find any classified growth below 500 that you would eager to buy nowaday. And I observed a very very interesting phenomenon last week.  I was in a wine tasting on Friday where it featured Aussie, California, Burgundy, Bordeaux, Italy and Rhone.  The first counter that run out of wine is Burgundy, even the Bourgonge was gone.  People are not too keen on Bordeaux.  By the time I left, there are still bottles of Bordeaux there remained unopened (they are classified growth by the way).  I think peoples palate has changed now.

Thanks for kenzo1111 and Parklane's suggestion.
I also want to ask for the storage of wine,  I have some white wine that stored in my office where temperature always keeps between 22-25 C but I find that many of the white loss their charming after 2 years, they are not especially bad but just has a feeling of flattened and a bit sour. I also find that most red Bordeaux stored in wine cellar developed a lot of sediment after 1-2 years of storage but the wines stored in my office has almost no sediment even they are the same wine as in my cellar, that's quite strange as I thought that higher temperature should cause the wine mature faster though they could be rough. Now I think that different temperature may force the wine to develope in different way, not only speed of maturity! how do you think?

white wine is very sensitive to heat and 22-25 degree will definitely force the wine to mature very quickly or even loss the flavour.  If you do not have a cellar, better store it in the refrigerator or drink up fast, dun stock it up.
Many red wine right now are unfiltered so it is natural to flow sentiment.  But if you find wine lost sentiment in hot environment, I have never experienced this.  I suspect it may be due to bottle variation.  When the wine are being extracted from the 255 liter barrel, some may carry the sentiment and some may not.  You may also find that wine may be lighter than another bottle of the same wine because of this.

i had experience of two bottles of Chapoutier le Meal in the dinner
the 1st was excellent while the 2nd one was totally flat and showed nothing
and since then I seldom store white in my home unless i have a definite date of drinking

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2006-12-2 12:55 PM 發表
then why not going Burgundy direct?
What do u mean? Do you mean why not try Burgundy wines?

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2006-11-29 02:11 AM 發表
Penfold St Henri's 2002 has got 95 pts by James Holliday. watch it!

For mutton, southern france is a good choice such as Cheateauneuf de Pape and Cote de Rhone Village.
I prefer RWT rather than St Henri, of course the price has a large gap between them. So I will try Saltram Bin No 1 Shiraz, the price is a little bit cheaper than St Henri, but the quality is marvellous!

Rhone wines are good in general but their style is quite different from Aussie. They are so elegant & stylish.

引用:
原帖由 parklane 於 2006-12-4 09:50 AM 發表

Bordeaux is becoming too expensive now.  You just wont find any classified growth below 500 that you would eager to buy nowaday. And I observed a very very interesting phenomenon last week.  I  ...
It depends on .....
Burgundy wines are very good only to those high-priced i.e. over $500. Their style is very different from Bordeaux wines. I don't know what burgundy wines they opened. However, Burgundy wines seems not the main theme in HK. Recently, I love Burgundy wines.

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2006-11-27 11:41 PM 發表
i did not.  By the way, there is a new supermarket called THREE SIXTY in Landmark Central. SO many organic wine and so less popular but very good wine from Loire, France, Aussie and NZ. If have tim ...
Really? I will visit it shortly. How's the price?

引用:
原帖由 Antenna 於 2006-12-17 08:45 AM 發表

Really? I will visit it shortly. How's the price?
i am the most impressed by the collection of armagnac in three sixty
it would be a great place for spirit lover to visit

but there was limited wine from lorie valley, a bit disappointed for me

Thirty six's Bordeaux is quite expansive compare to other wine shop.

Oh, it should be three sixty, not thirty six. quite strange name.

yes, price there is not cheap
just about the same price in watsons and city super

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2006-12-22 06:41 PM 發表
yes, price there is not cheap
just about the same price in watsons and city super
That sounds not attractive....
I only purchase discounted items in Watsons since their standard price items are not reasonable, sometimes crazy!!

I've just spent about an hour reading through this thread, I find it very
interesting and informative.

Lacking any new input, pls allow me to just give it a......... PUSH !   

Cheers & Happy New Year !

Hi guys, I'm a beginner, I rec'd a bottle of St-Emillion Grand Cru 1999 of Chateau DE FONBEL as a 1st
prize of X'mas party. Someone told me it's very good and expensive, could you guys give your
professional comments !
thanks

引用:
原帖由 05606489 於 2007-1-1 04:58 PM 發表
Hi guys, I'm a beginner, I rec'd a bottle of St-Emillion Grand Cru 1999 of Chateau DE FONBEL as a 1st
prize of X'mas party. Someone told me it's very good and expensive, could you guys give your
Congratulation!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! (a little bit late ...=D)
The wine is fruity, silky & have a good body. However, it might have some earthy smell which you may not like it. The price is reasonable. I don't think it's expensive. It's value for money.
Enjoy your wine! =DDD

Chateau DE FONBEL is just a "so-so" wine selling at about 200 something in Watson's, not really outstanding one

The classification system in St Emilion is quite different from Bordeaux, the real good ones are Premiers Grands Crus Classes A & B, like Ausone, Cheval Blanc, etc.  Grand Gru label in the area means nothing

next time, if you wish to check the prices, you can use this search engine:
http://www.wine-searcher.com/

Happy new year!!!
hope u all get drunk in 2007 .....beside a pretty gal!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah!!!!!!!!!

Tai gor,
De Fonbel is very good already for a beginner la.
05605489, u know, we are not young and few quota left for wine, Tai gor
always has good stuff ga.

可愛老頑童 , wellcome!!!
thanks for reminding me to update more!!!
hope to see u all guys more.

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-1-3 02:02 AM 發表
Tai gor,
De Fonbel is very good already for a beginner la.
05605489, u know, we are not young and few quota left for wine, Tai gor
always has good stuff ga.

可愛老頑童 , wellcome!!!
thanks  ...
What is "good stuff" stands for?

good question!
it depends...that is!
to me, value for money!
to ar Tai,  pretty gals and fine wine.

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.