推介:| 紅酒 | 白酒 | Wine | 花店 | 啤酒 | 香檳 | 咖啡 | Disco |

發新話題
打印

Wine lovers! pls come in!!

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-9-24 04:06 PM 發表
the website is:

please help asking Dan Murphy whether they have some (or at least one).   
What do you think is the reasonable price of a Giaconda?  Forget about wine-search.com as I think the price is not realistic any more.

相關搜索目錄: Wine

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-9-24 09:54 PM 發表
thank you so much, brother dejavu, the price for Giaconda Nantua Les Deux is not a problem as it is for a special function, but as far as i know, it should be normally ranged between A$50-100 in ge ...
I think Les Amis is a better deal than the Factor as Torbreck's deal with Les Amis is off and there won't be any.  This will be for collection (don't ask me to take it to the dinner).  I found the Factor very cheap though at Dan Murphy at $120.  I might also buy a Run Rig + Giaconda + 4 Wendouree 1995 from Dan Murphy.

[ 本帖最後由 dejavu2003 於 2007-9-25 18:08 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 barton 於 2007-9-24 11:27 PM 發表
one more thing, are you sure wine can have tax refund? In Japan, Wine & Fruit is excluded from tax refund policy.
I have done it about 20 times so far in the last few years.  That is, when I could bring the bottles with me to show to customs at the air side.  I haven't done it under the new rule when 100 ml liquid max. is alllowed on board.

Not only there's a GST refund (1/11th or 9% on the invoice price), there's also a Wet Tax refund of 14.3%, and after the charges, etc., my experience is that I usually get 22.5% back.

Before I knew this, I once brought 3 bottles of Grange without asking for a refund.

引用:
原帖由 barton 於 2007-9-24 11:23 PM 發表
I think $XX for 95 Wendouree is a very reasonable price. Even with wine-searcher, the cheapest one is $XX but who knows whether it's true! I believe if it's found in HK, it will be at least $XX.
Did wine-searcher tell who sells at this price in Australia?  The general consensus is that you can't get cheaper than Dan Murphy.  If anyone advertise for less, Dan Murphy will give you a refund.

Actually Dan Murphy's price for a single bottle is $XX.

[ 本帖最後由 dejavu2003 於 2007-9-25 18:19 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-9-25 09:37 AM 發表
Good Morning Everybody !!

BxR is having a bin end sale of 2003 Run Rig at HK$1700.

I just saw the Run Rig 2003 @ Dan Murphy around @ $220.

引用:
原帖由 barton 於 2007-9-25 09:08 AM 發表
It shows Ultimo Wine Center sells at $, they said stock on hand: 7. (http://www.ultimowinecentre.com.au/Product.aspx?id=360)
I just bought at Dan Murphy @ $XX

Here's my today's trolley -

At D.M. -

1 X Giaconda Chardonnay  $ 237.50
4 X 95 Wendouree Shiraz  $ XX
1 X 94 Wendouree Shiraz  $ XX

From my friend's bottle shop -

1 X 2001 Wendouree Shiraz  $ XX
1 X Torbreck Les Amis $ 175

[ 本帖最後由 dejavu2003 於 2007-9-25 18:10 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 barton 於 2007-9-25 09:08 AM 發表
It shows Ultimo Wine Center sells at $XX, they said stock on hand: 7. (http://www.ultimowinecentre.com.au/Product.aspx?id=360)
I should have checked your mail earlier before I went to D.M.  I had bought at Ultimo before and they do stock a lot of fine French and Aussie wines.

[ 本帖最後由 dejavu2003 於 2007-9-25 18:12 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-9-25 02:49 PM 發表
oh bro dejavu

thank you so much, really want to give you a big hug and kiss
which vintage is the Giaconda?

to show my gratitude for your help, i will open a bottle of Bass Philips Pr ...
Big hug and kiss - I'd rather you get outside help to show your gratitude.

Vintage 2001.

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-9-25 02:55 PM 發表

no problem, i think the current price is still a nice one
the wine is definitely worth for investment
Sometimes I wonder how current is the website of Ultimo.  It is the general belief that Dan Murphy is the cheapest.  I also compared others like Run Rig and DM is much cheaper.

相關搜索目錄: Investment Wine

[quote]原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-9-25 03:01 PM 發表

what kind of outside help you would prefer

>>

[ 本帖最後由 dejavu2003 於 2007-9-25 18:25 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-9-20 12:32 PM 發表
dejavu兄

咁你今次真係好多酒要買同要帶喎
小心超重

講起我都有支Heathcote區嘅shiraz
上次飲過又係十分不錯
下次飯局可以用shiraz/syrah做theme喎
Heathcote - I may still have one Shadowfax One Eye Shiraz in stock.  Other famous Heathcote is the Jasper Hill which is selling for around $80 here.

引用:
原帖由 barton 於 2007-9-26 12:41 AM 發表
辛苦晒, the last but most important thing is to make sure to have a good packing or otherwise........
I am well prepared, and I am a very experienced courier.

相關搜索目錄: Courier

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-9-26 03:32 PM 發表

u are always reliable! man!
This time is really hard work.

I was late to the airport (1 1/2 hrs before departure and air side customs won't process the refund within 1/2 hrs).   I was looking for the land side customs office but couldn't find them, with a 30 kg luggage with me.  Ask the police officer and he said there's none in the land side.  My heart sank.

Turn out that it's at the arrival level and I was running around at the departure level.  

Went to the air side customs after a long line at security check.  The sucker gave me a refund on the GST with $0 on Wet Tax and I asked him why?  He said the computer says so and I could go on the internet and check.  Of course I wouldn't take that kind of shit.  He challenged me where the wet tax is shown on the invoice and I told him not to argue with an expert as I have done it about 30 times.  He then spent another 10 mins. trying to figure out and yes, gave me a $22 wet tax refund.  I said you must be kidding and he said again the computer said so.  He actually used the wet tax rate X the GST, not the original value of the purchase.  This is how Aussie works.  Hum Gar Charn.  Another ten minutes later which was around the boarding time, he finally gave me what I am entitled to.

HK customs is really reasonable and like you guys said, they only looked at their record for the dutiable value.  

The W is taxed at $XX per litre plus 10% import license charge.  The Giancoonda is a little over double of that.  As a good citizen, I duly paid my dues.  He also asked me if I wanted to abandon the wine because of the duty.

Overall, it worked out very well.  The only bad news is the strength of the Aussie $.

[ 本帖最後由 dejavu2003 於 2007-9-27 08:16 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-9-27 09:49 PM 發表
I AM SO EXCITED TO PUT A BOTTLE OF W INTO MY CELLAR. IT IS THE HONOR OF MY LITTLE HUMBLE CELLAR.
Ar Tai, how about i bring my Chambolle Musigny Georges Roumier 2002? is it good enough?
Actually, I am not available Tues.  and Marina is also closed every Tues.  T/4, can only do Wed.

Marina charges $50 for corkage.

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-9-28 12:34 AM 發表

Welcome back !!   
Thanks.  Good to be back.

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-10-4 11:04 PM 發表
10月尾 or 11月頭!!
無底深潭pinot之夜:  多少BORDEAUX 精 亦不能回頭..........神奇的PInot Noir!! 導你升仙! 亦是引人入迷!!

地點:鏞記4樓
日期(暫定30/10)
酒: Kenzo:Chambolle Musigny Georges Roumier ...
10/30 might not be a good day for me.  In fact I have a lot of guests in town from 10/15 thru to early Nov.  My boss is coming to town on 10/23 thru 10/25.

Benoit Chablis is OK with me, if it's still here by then.  But is it good enough for the occasion?

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-10-4 11:35 PM 發表

Without u, how can we hold the gathering?
then let's change the date to 6/11?
the wine is ok la, we should have some white wine, rite?
I might still have one colleague with me by 11/6 and I might even have to accompany him to China to visit factories.  I'll find out in the next few days.  I should be available by around the 11/10.  

I am short on whites and if my white-loving friend wants the Benoit, she would have the priority ma.

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-10-5 11:10 AM 發表
佢飲左咁多好野....比少少都好應該呀!!

見有pinot飲, 不能自拔!!哈哈
I have a Kiwi Pinot Noir in stock.

Don't bother about who's contributing and who's not la.  One bottle one person is a bit too much for me ah.

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-10-5 12:57 AM 發表

u can enjoy it with her first and then we will kidnap u to buy some other better things
I'd rather kidnap her and enjoy her than enjoy it with her ah.

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-10-5 05:27 PM 發表

IF possible, how about after 11/11.  SAT & SUN are bad for me, sorry.

And I have to think think what to bring.   
11/8 Thursday might be OK for me.  The guy will be gone on that day and I need a break after 4 weeks with US guests.

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-10-5 09:52 PM 發表

Kenzo Hing,  do you mean you would come at 8pm on 9/Nov, or 8/Nov ?

I guess his answer was - 8/11 is good.  9/11 is good too except that he has to show up at 8 pm on that day.

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-10-6 05:35 PM 發表

Kiwi = New Zealand.  

New Zealand Pinot Noir was what dejavu meant, I think.  
That's what I meant.

I decide to bring the Benoit Chablis if that suits your gentle stomach.  I will buy my friend a Giaconda la.

Ah Tai, Bank Tfr received.  Thanks.

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-10-7 06:16 PM 發表
Participants:
1. Dejavu
2. kenzo (+ 2 friends)
3. barton
4. Mr. & Mrs. 可愛老頑童
5. tailawyau (maybe w/ friend, to be confirmed)  
I will book a table for ??? .  Let's assume ah Tai will bring a friend and I bring a friend just in case.  Then, a table for 10.

I love 3 white and 3 reds for 10.  Brother 可愛老頑童, don't bring extra like you did last time.  I think we should do it in moderation.  I may even drive that night then.

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-10-7 10:46 PM 發表

pls reserve the decanter and 雲霧肉,
If we want to do it in style, we can book a room which costs the same but the minimum charge is around $4,800 or thereabout.

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.