推介:| UGG | baby product | MD skinical | 環保袋訂造 | PROTOP | 鈙利亞阿勒頗手工古皂 | UGG Boots | Sheepskin Boots |

發新話題
打印

我們的舊灣仔

is 活水 still there? I thought it was long gone...  I've got to check it out in my next trip back to HK ...nice pics & narrative, by the way  ....thx

引用:
原帖由 pashwawa 於 2007-12-11 10:09 發表

聽泉和活水(寶雲道)仍在﹐以前在前方的一幅空地﹐現在已被為一個小公園包圍了。
卅多年前﹐我學校在附近﹐我常到那裡。在萬茂台上來的途中游辟拍樹及竹樹﹐可制作辟拍筒玩。 當時治安不太好﹐我亦曾被些飛仔 ...
what a co-incident! I was mugged there around same time too (67 to 68).  My home was on 堅尼地道(二馬路)...  I used to walk to school with a classmate everyday... they took our watches & money...since then we took a detour & walked along  皇后大道東(大馬路) instead ...  did you happen to go to my school too ( Ki Lap Primary School on Star Street?

引用:
原帖由 eric54 於 2007-12-14 21:48 發表

Had forgotten where the old pier was, we used to take it to cross the harbour & then  the Yuen Long bus to see our uncle - one of the few relatives that lived in Kowloon & New Territories... actually the pier's very close to our 'old' home - 229 Lockhart...   we'd had moved to  堅尼地道(二馬路) just before I was born but the address on my birth certificate is still Lockhart...    thx for the pics & the street map showing the old pier.....

引用:
原帖由 asia.miles 於 2007-12-16 16:45 發表

小時候體弱多病,母親常帶我到貝夫人看街症,那種火酒味, 吊扇,黃色牆,棕色長木椅,舊式公共醫院的布局又瀝瀝在目。還有在收音機常聽到的”佩夫人止咳露“, 當時對“佩夫人“ 是否就是這一位“貝夫人”沒有 ...
I think 貝夫人 clinic was named after Governor Sir William Peel's (貝璐) wife, he served in the 1930s...  I used to go to there too, I guess that was the place for poor folks like us (that got sick every now & then)... I still remember it - long lineups to get a number & then wait to be called....   

thx for the memory!

Very good explanation, Bro Up3Up7...   I've learned something too!
thx!

引用:
原帖由 pashwawa 於 2007-12-21 09:39 發表
消失的臺

臺(台)這名詞﹐在香港不是十分普遍﹐為人所熟悉的是摩頓台﹐諾士佛台﹐繼園台等。
據我所知﹐灣仔有萬茂台﹐南固台﹐竹居台﹐鳳凰台﹐賢華台。這些台都是在山邊的﹐我想台這名是用在山邊一幅較平坦的 ...
Speaking of 鳳凰台, does anybody remember the '打更老'? I was so scraed of him that I would either run or walk really fast past him whenever he's there...  ...I think you could tell time by the number of times he beats his drums?  ...and  he's there to drive away evil spirits?  ...  perhaps Brother up3yp4 or 牛奶Sir can enlighten us?

Thx

Thanks Bro pashwawa...

活水 looks so different now... it's all blocked off, a park bench, railing & stuff...  Gee, I remember going into the water, pushing & shoving around with my childhood friends!

It's on my places to visit list!
thx

I'm a Wanchai born & raised kid & that's my childhood story!
Thx!

引用:
原帖由 mandy 於 2008-1-19 12:20 發表
1961年在輪候預防霍亂注射的市民,當中有冇你地份呢??
I probably was in the line too as my house was just up Yin Wah Street (the stairway) at Kennedy Road!

I guess time was diifferent, circumstances were also different then...   most people (my family, for sure) were just struggling to make ends meet, I doubt anybody would care much about the environment or 'clooective memory'!

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.