推介:| 紅酒 | 白酒 | Wine | 花店 | 啤酒 | 香檳 | 咖啡 | Disco |

發新話題
打印

Wine lovers! pls come in!!

Bro Barton, your opinions and questions have actually been discussion topics for many people, including some significant wine critics.  I intend to write something on this but just don’t have time, the following are some of my ideas, please see them and we may have a discussion

-        Use of decanter was original for separating sediment from the wine.  Speeding up the ageing process is the “by-product” of that.
-        Ageing and maturing of wine involve two parts: oxidizing of the wine and integration of molecular ingredient in the wine.  For the first part, decant can be useful as it increase the wine’s exposure to air, but not the second part as time (in terms of years) is required for that.
-        Development in wine making techniques and change of the market situation have made bottle ageing not necessary any more, especially for the French wine after 1990’s.
-        Personal preference and taste are always different for individuals.  There is no fix rule which is better treatment process for the wine.

Just my views for sharing.

相關搜索目錄: Wine

It would be fine for me on both date, just follow the majority's move.  Thanks Bro Dejavu.

How about another gathering before 30th?

no worry, I strongly believe that there will be drop out in the last minute

The idea is really great! Indeed, even the two bottles are of different vintage, we will be able to taste the style of the winery in differnt years (vertical comparison), that should be a good experience.

BUT, let's do that later, this time, let's make it more simple and enjoying.  As I said before, I will bring 2 white, though not the same, you will see something interesting among them.

去澳門...
恐妨kenzo兄會用好多錢...

Thank you, bro dejavu!

bro Oncologist, no problem, will bring the set out (actually a very big set)!

My friend and I will try all the stuff, thanks.

Bro DJV,

Yes, I mean between my friend and I, we will have one dish each.  Sorry for the confusion.

thank you for you guys all
its a great night
special thanks to DJV's arrangement!!!

7/3 我無問題
今次咩題目?

遲左少少
不過都祝大家

日日飲靚酒,
健康樂無憂!

哈, 我老套d
都係鍾意old world野
兩舊水飲 L'Esprit de Chevalier都幾好
new world有時太fruity同唔夠acidity

FICO囉
你係咪要丫?
我下次訂開嘢幫你買埋丫

Good Sancere can be very elegant while expressing the charaters of Sauvignon Blanc clearly and nicely
I am also searching outstanding Sancere white, any idea?

淨係飲過buisson renard 2004, 感覺輕巧同尖銳, 礦物強, 不過果味變化都幾大, 由初初的青青澀澀, 到後尾竟帶唔少黃果(stone fruit), 十分出色, 不過最平都要成五舊幾...

pur sang 同 silex 好似 altaya有, 勁係勁, 不過真係未試過用成千銀飲長相思, 好驚會令自己失望...

sorry for late reply
11 & 12 tai & fd

食咩無所謂, 不過份量可唔可以少dd, 上次真係飽到上頭頂!!

酒方面, 我會同大家玩個小小既 blind tasting game, dejavu兄可唔可以叫鏞記為每人預備兩隻香檳杯?  thanks

barton兄, 已買兩支L'Esprit de Chevalier@198 each, 食飯時拎俾你

相關搜索目錄: 香檳

oh, guys, terribly sorry
things pop up and can't attend on 7/3
have to miss this time
really sorry, have fun

bro dejavu, i have one extra bottle only, would that be ok for you?

Really sorry for causing so much trouble to you all and thanks for all your kindness in delaying the function.  To show my gratitude for this special arrangement, I will also prepare a desert wine for the dinner.  The little tasting game I have prepared will be a pre-dinner warm up exercise, so you guys all just need to focus on stuff for matching the food.

Thanks again, and its so good to have nice pals like you all.

引用:
原帖由 kathywonder 於 2008-3-11 10:43 發表

Montrachet, what a remarkable wine for all wine lovers, but personally sayin' Screaming Eagle is one of my legendary and tried once before in London, Savoy, with my ex BF...
"Screaming Eagle"

引用:
原帖由 barton 於 2008-3-12 01:20 發表
你會選 10 x Krug or 5 x Latour or 1x Screaming Eagle?
barton兄

10支krug邊換到5支latour啊
都唔係等值
無得比較喎

引用:
原帖由 資深球迷2世 於 2008-3-18 09:38 發表
八式頭盤:  醉雞、薰魚、素鵝、香椿豆腐、芹菜蝦干、糖醋茄子、酸甜小黃瓜、烤麩
主菜: 毛豆年糕炒大花蟹或海虾, 碧綠金菇卷, 松子海斑魚, 蘿蔔排骨湯, 蒜香法國豆, 紅燒元蹄, 煲仔菜飯
甜品: 桂花酒& ...
有無budget? 幾多人食? 預飲幾多支?
in general, i'd recommend:

頭盤:
German Riesling Spatlese (因高酸度同微甜可配合糖醋茄子、酸甜小黃瓜)
Bordeaux white (草青及鮮果配芹菜蝦干)
Beaujolais (light red for 薰魚、素鵝、烤麩)

主菜:
NZ Sauvignon Blanc (acidity and fruitiness for 碧綠金菇卷, 松子海斑魚, 蒜香法國豆)
Chablis 1er Cru (for 毛豆年糕炒大花蟹或海虾)
Bordeaux red (for 紅燒元蹄)

甜品:
Moscato d'Asti (花香拼桂花酒釀)

小小意見, 大家參考下, 俾下意見

超市其實都好多選擇
近期百佳都好多中下價選擇
好似villa loosen, montgras, Evans & Tate Salisbury, Cracker Jack等等都可以一試

酒數方面
除非十位飲者都極飲得
否則用75% rule, 即係人數 x 75%就足夠
你個case飲八支應該啱啱好

Mount Mary and Run Rig are not rare in HK wor!

Bro Dejavu,
Thanks for your coordination!  The menu is great!

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2008-3-21 10:21 發表

Thank God Aussie $ tumbles a bit last night.  

OK, I am going to clean up their Wendouree.  Have to wait until tomorrow though, as Australia is like a ghost town today.  Only shops that open ...
actually, best way for buying Aussie wine in terms of "investment" should follow the Langton's Classification, the top two tiers (Exceptional & Outstanding) are very good no matter for tasting or for cellaring and investing
rare wines like Giaconda, Cullen and some other emerging ones are nice for consideration

相關搜索目錄: Investment Wine

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.