±À¤¶:| ¬õ°s | ¥Õ°s | Wine | ªá©± | °à°s | ­»Âb | ©@°Ø | Disco |

µo·s¸ÜÃD
¥´¦L

Wine lovers! pls come in!!

I want to ask those Burgundy experts about Domain Leroy, I know that the white head is Negociant wine and I want to know whether the red head is much better than the white head as it's usually at least 2x more expansive? and whether all their wine have both white head and red head version? Thanks.

¬ÛÃö·j¯Á¥Ø¿ý: Wine

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ barton ©ó 2007-1-4 08:22 AM µoªí
I want to ask those Burgundy experts about Domain Leroy, I know that the white head is Negociant wine and I want to know whether the red head is much better than the white head as it's usually at l ...
The red head are domaine produced wine which means the vineyard is owned by Leroy whereas the white cap is made from purchased grapes.  Usually red cap represents the flagship of a domaine so it is supposed to be of better quality.  Of course, Leroy is the 1st growth equilvalent of Bordeaux and the red cap is without doubt excellent.  As far as I can remember, Leroy owns grand cru and premium cru vineyard and the red cap produced are very rare and expensive.  I dun recall any overlapping of same vineyard with both white and red cap produced.

Hi everyone, do you guys know if the "wine appreciation" course at open university is any good?  If not, where can I take a decent course?  And, just wondering, how many of you have taken such courses and how did you find them??  
Thanks

[ ¥»©«³Ì«á¥Ñ Jackel ©ó 2007-1-26 10:08 AM ½s¿è ]

¦³®M¤é¼@¥s"BIG MONEY", (­ì§@: ªi®ö¤WªºÅ]³N®v), ùØ­±­ÓªÑ¾Â¦Ñ«e½ú¦P¥Lªº®{§ÌÁ¿­¹ÄK¿N(たいやき, ³½«¬¨§¨F»æ), ­ø¦n³s³½§À, ³½ÀY³£°á¦í­¹®I, ¦]¬°DÀ`«Y¤¤¶¡¦P®I¦n®e©ö®C¦º,·N«ä§Y«Y¸Ü, Long ¤S¦n Short¤S¦n³£o§^¦n°á¦íÁȭӤɮö/¶^®ö¨ìÁȺɡK
§Ú³£¦n¦P·N, ¦ý¤H¤H³£·|³g

no idea about the course organized by open U. Judging from the name of the course, it is for fun more than being serious.  So it all depends whether you want to take a course for your future career or just to know about wine in a guided way.  If it is for your career, people normally take the WSET course which is for hotel and wine trade.  It is serious and you need to study.  I have an overseas link but it may not be most updated;
http://www.phillywine.com/wset.html#tuesdaydiplomaschedule
But if you are not that serious and not for career purpose, best way perhaps is to buy and drink systematically, I am sure people in wine shop will be more than happy to help you and guide you.  Books are also useful, the wine buyer's guide from Robert Parker will be very comprehensive.  I guarantee you if you read the book cover to cover, you know wine better than many of the people in the wine trade

I never take wine course but Robert Parker and Hugh Johnson.  Also, Oz Clark and james Holliday are good to learn.  The most important thing is to drink more with system and progress.  
Moreover, come here, Master Parklane is willing to teach us all the time.  
I am just a life long student of wine

I never take wine course but Robert Parker and Hugh Johnson.  Also, Oz Clark and james Holliday are good to learn.  The most important thing is to drink more with system and progress.  
Moreover, come here, Master Parklane is willing to teach us all the time.  
I am just a life long student of wine

Thank you Parklane and Kenzo~!!!!!!
I think I will start from reading the book from Robert Parker you recommanded and, by the way is the WEST course offered in Hong Kong?  I am still reading the site but found nothing on where they offer the coursre so far...
¦³®M¤é¼@¥s"BIG MONEY", (­ì§@: ªi®ö¤WªºÅ]³N®v), ùØ­±­ÓªÑ¾Â¦Ñ«e½ú¦P¥Lªº®{§ÌÁ¿­¹ÄK¿N(たいやき, ³½«¬¨§¨F»æ), ­ø¦n³s³½§À, ³½ÀY³£°á¦í­¹®I, ¦]¬°DÀ`«Y¤¤¶¡¦P®I¦n®e©ö®C¦º,·N«ä§Y«Y¸Ü, Long ¤S¦n Short¤S¦n³£o§^¦n°á¦íÁȭӤɮö/¶^®ö¨ìÁȺɡK
§Ú³£¦n¦P·N, ¦ý¤H¤H³£·|³g

I think they have course run in HK.  Perhaps do a search on WSET and see if there is anything there.

actually the wine course in OUHK is run jointly by OUHK and Concord Wine
the teaching materials and approach are based on WSET (they are using WSET books), and it aims to provide systematic way for learning of wine knowledge.  they expect student should be able to join the WSET advanced certificate test after completion and it was stated that the course is suitable for people in trade or hotel

from my point of view, the course run by OUHK is acceptable
the teaching staff (expecially for the non-Chinese teachers) are very professional
but the course schedule is extremely tight and coverage is too wide
you have to read a lot yourself and not just materials from the institute
but still, this is the most organized wine course i know so far in hong kong

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ tailawyau ©ó 2007-1-29 17:40 µoªí
actually the wine course in OUHK is run jointly by OUHK and Concord Wine
the teaching materials and approach are based on WSET (they are using WSET books), and it aims to provide systematic way fo ...
§AÁ¿O­Ó­ÓTeacher ·|­ø·|«Y§ÚÃÑo­Ó­Ó©O, He is chinese

>>§AÁ¿O­Ó­ÓTeacher ·|­ø·|«Y§ÚÃÑo­Ó­Ó©O, He is chinese

«Y³£­ø©_
­»´ä¶¼¸²µå°so¬J°é¤l¨ä¹ê³£­øºâ¦n¤j

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ tailawyau ©ó 2007-1-29 18:00 µoªí
>>§AÁ¿O­Ó­ÓTeacher ·|­ø·|«Y§ÚÃÑo­Ó­Ó©O, He is chinese

«Y³£­ø©_
­»´ä¶¼¸²µå°so¬J°é¤l¨ä¹ê³£­øºâ¦n¤j
§ÚÃÑo­Ó­Ó«Y L.Lee, concord À° ouhk ÅÍ­Ócourse o­Ó°}Ê\ÅTconcord «×°µ..©Ò¥H·í®É¥ÑÊ\±Ð, ¨Ì®aÊ\Â÷¶}¥ªconcord lu

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ parklane ©ó 2007-1-29 15:07 µoªí
I think they have course run in HK.  Perhaps do a search on WSET and see if there is anything there.
There are a number of WSET approved teaching institutes in Hong Kong, you can search them in the following link:

http://www.wset.co.uk/courses/wo ... s/default.asp?rid=2

However, if you are leisure drinker and would just like to enhance your knowledge in somewhat easier way (not that professional as sommelier), you can try:

1. course by Simon Tam (www.iwinecentre.com)
2. course by ­»´ä¤u·|Áp¦X·|·~¾l¶i­×¤¤¤ß (http://www.hkftustsc.org/chtm/c-t7194.htm)

>>§ÚÃÑo­Ó­Ó«Y L.Lee, concord À° ouhk ÅÍ­Ócourse o­Ó°}Ê\ÅTconcord «×°µ..©Ò¥H·í®É¥ÑÊ\±Ð, ¨Ì®aÊ\Â÷¶}¥ªconcord lu

§ÚÃÑÊ\®ÉÊ\¤w¸g«Yo«Ysinolink«×°µ¬[³â
ÉAÊ\¦³°µ¹Lconcord«§?
§Úª¾Ê\®a°}¦³®É³£¥ò·|À°ou¦Pconcord±Ð®Ñ

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ tailawyau ©ó 2007-1-29 18:14 µoªí
>>§ÚÃÑo­Ó­Ó«Y L.Lee, concord À° ouhk ÅÍ­Ócourse o­Ó°}Ê\ÅTconcord «×°µ..©Ò¥H·í®É¥ÑÊ\±Ð, ¨Ì®aÊ\Â÷¶}¥ªconcord lu

§ÚÃÑÊ\®ÉÊ\¤w¸g«Yo«Ysinolink«×°µ¬[³â
ÉAÊ\¦³°µ¹Lconcord«§?
§Úª¾Ê\®a°}¦³®É³£¥ò·| ...
­»´ä¯u«Y¦n²Ó, §ÚÃÑÊ\o­Ó°}Ê\¥ò¥¼¤J©O¦æ§Ú¦PÊ\¤Q´X¦~ªB¤Í

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ tailawyau ©ó 2007-1-29 18:11 µoªí
course by Simon Tam (www.iwinecentre.com)
simon is nice... and i attended one of his courses before, good for beginners like me...

in love with the nature...

>> ­»´ä¯u«Y¦n²Ó, §ÚÃÑÊ\o­Ó°}Ê\¥ò¥¼¤J©O¦æ§Ú¦PÊ\¤Q´X¦~ªB¤Í

Ëݼô¶R°s¦³µL§é°Ú

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ tailawyau ©ó 2007-1-30 15:10 µoªí
>> ­»´ä¯u«Y¦n²Ó, §ÚÃÑÊ\o­Ó°}Ê\¥ò¥¼¤J©O¦æ§Ú¦PÊ\¤Q´X¦~ªB¤Í

Ëݼô¶R°s¦³µL§é°Ú
¤@½c½cËݶR´N¹ê¦³,¤£¹L§Ú¶R¿Ë­ø¦h...¤@¤ä¤äËݶR§Ú¦h¼ÆÀ°¶X¶W¥«

It is about time to give this thread a PUSH !  
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I just had a not expensive BUT GOOD New Zealand Sauv. Blanc, I thought may be you should try try:

Kim Crawford 2006 Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
Now on sale at Ponti for $155 (FEB).

IMHO, it is better than the same from Cloudy Bay.

CHEERS !

There are some good NZ Sauvignon Blanc, but you will have to try them out
I will go to Ponti to check your suggestion, thanks

I had one surprisingly nice wine recently - Leeuwin Estate Siblings 2005
As it is Sauvignon Blanc blended with Semillon, charaters of both grapes appear in the wine harmoniously.  Easy yet elegant, good for dinner.  Will buy again definitely.

For whatever it is worth, somebody just told me :

Kim Crawford 2006 Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
is one of the  Wine Spectator 2006 Top 100 - ranking #40

well, Wine Spectator may be a good reference but sometimes and somehow, their recommendations are too American - full body, juicy, sweet, heady, alcoholic...
suits party wine more than wine for slow and silent enjoying

i maybe a bit exaggerated, but if you wish to look for some wine of elegance, try using Decanter as reference would suit you more

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ tailawyau ©ó 2007-2-21 12:13 µoªí
... i maybe a bit exaggerated, but if you wish to look for some wine of elegance, try using Decanter as reference would suit you more
Thanks.   

One of the main criteria of Wine Spec. is " Value for money" so that is why they always recommends wine around 100HKD such as Paringa Shiraz or Colombia Crest
Grande Estate Chadonnay, cab sau or merlot. All are the all time favorite of Wine Spec which u can see them every year.
recently, no alcohol at all.....busy and busy, hope to touch my wine ASAP.
Nice to see u all keep this thread.

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ ¥i·R¦Ñ¹xµ£ ©ó 2007-2-16 18:21 µoªí
For whatever it is worth, somebody just told me :

Kim Crawford 2006 Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
is one of the  Wine Spectator 2006 Top 100 - ranking #40

I haven't tried posting any photos on this forum before,  so test, test.

ªþ¥ó: ±z©Ò¦bªº¥Î¤á²ÕµLªk¤U¸ü©Î¬d¬Ýªþ¥ó, ½Ð¹Á¸Õ¦h¶K¤å³¹Àò¨ú¿n¤À¡A¿n¤À¶W¹L 120 ©Î¯S©w¥Î¤á²Õ¤è¥i¬d¬Ý.

µo·s¸ÜÃD

­«­nÁn©ú¡G¥»°Q½×°Ï¬O¥H§Y®É¤W¸ü¯d¨¥ªº¤è¦¡¹B§@¡A¥»ºô¯¸¹ï©Ò¦³¯d¨¥ªº¯u¹ê©Ê¡B§¹¾ã©Ê¤Î¥ß³õµ¥¡A¤£­t¥ô¦óªk«ß³d¥ô¡C¦Ó¤@¤Á¯d¨¥¤§¨¥½×¥u¥Nªí¯d¨¥ªÌ­Ó¤H·N¨£¡A¨Ã«D¥»ºô¯¸¤§¥ß³õ¡A¥Î¤á¤£À³«H¿à¤º®e¡A¨ÃÀ³¦Û¦æ§PÂ_¤º®e¤§¯u¹ê©Ê¡C©ó¦³Ãö±¡§Î¤U¡A¥Î¤áÀ³´M¨D±M·~·N¨£(¦p¯A¤ÎÂåÀø¡Bªk«ß©Î§ë¸êµ¥°ÝÃD)¡C¥Ñ©ó¥»°Q½×°Ï¨ü¨ì¡u§Y®É¤W¸ü¯d¨¥¡v¹B§@¤è¦¡©Ò³W­­¡A¬G¤£¯à§¹¥þºÊ¹î©Ò¦³¯d¨¥¡A­YŪªÌµo²{¦³¯d¨¥¥X²{°ÝÃD¡A½ÐÁpµ¸§Ú­Ì¡C¥»°Q½×°Ï¦³Åv§R°£¥ô¦ó¯d¨¥¤Î©Úµ´¥ô¦ó¤H¤h¤W¸ü¯d¨¥¡A¦P®É¥ç¦³¤£§R°£¯d¨¥ªºÅv§Q¡C¤Á¤Å¼¶¼g²Ê¨¥Â©»y¡B½ÚÁ½¡B´è¬V¦â±¡¼É¤O©Î¤H¨­§ðÀ»ªº¨¥½×¡A·q½Ð¦Û«ß¡C¥»ºô¯¸«O¯d¤@¤Áªk«ßÅv§Q¡C

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.