發新話題
打印

Wine lovers! pls come in!!

引用:
原帖由 資深球迷2世 於 2007-7-6 10:11 發表
哈哈, 小弟的所謂品酒經驗, 實在不足道也, 獻醜不如藏拙
everybody has his/ her beginning ma

To q2u

for the 96 Lafitte, it is so powerful like Latour and surprise everybody when they first tasted this vintage, Lafitte normolly are all very elegance and silky but not this one. still I love it more and more. tell us some more of your wonderful and unexpected tasting. thanks

here we have a new comer but experienced.
any one likes to join the dinner?
Parklane, i am waiting for your call

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-7-6 20:15 發表
everybody has his/ her beginning ma
小弟自幼家貧, 既無父蔭, 亦無長輩提攜, 故從未試過五大, 其副酒亦從未沾唇, 超市雜酒倒頗有閱歷, 實難登大雅之堂也

引用:
原帖由 資深球迷2世 於 2007-7-8 20:04 發表

小弟自幼家貧, 既無父蔭, 亦無長輩提攜, 故從未試過五大, 其副酒亦從未沾唇, 超市雜酒倒頗有閱歷, 實難登大雅之堂也
I am famous by my experience on Supermarket wine, hhahaha
I am also an example of wine lover from poor family.
Big 5? who care?!!!!
next time if i know tasting gathering by wine shop or company, i must tell u all. Sometimes, we can have super second or good champaigne such as the one by Watson's last year!!
by the way, gathering is full except the seat for Parklane!!!
I will report what we have tried that night.

相關搜索目錄: Wine

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-7-9 00:10 發表
I am famous by my experience on Supermarket wine, hhahaha
I am also an example of wine lover from poor family.
Big 5? who care?!!!!
next time if i know tasting gathering by wine shop or com ...
thank u so much~~

To : 資深球迷2世

You don't have to feel shame, the most important point of drinking wine is you enjoy the wine. As long as you like the wine you are drinking and feel good, that's enough and not necessary go for expensive wine. For the Big 5, who care? Yes, they may be good for someone but may not for everyone's taste, but the price is too expensive and i feel not worth it.

A lot of people talk about the so called Big 5 French wines, but how many really taste it? Yes good French wine is good provided that you have to pay 3 to 4 times higher than Australian wine with the same quality. I have tasted the so called Big 5 French wines, but I can tell you these so called Big 5 French wines are very good in marketing, I hope you understand what I mean.  

For the wines in supermarket, what is your budget and have you ever tasted Penfold's Bin 407 before? It is only around HKD250, you can get it in supermarket. I would say this is the best wine in supermarket. If you buy red wine in supermarket most of the time, then I would suggest you select Australian wine, I can guarantee you will enjoy more.

引用:
原帖由 GstringLover 於 2007-7-9 09:53 發表
To : 資深球迷2世

You don't have to feel shame, the most important point of drinking wine is you enjoy the wine. As long as you like the wine you are drinking and feel good, that's enough and no ...
thank u for yr encouragement, haha... of cos i know what u mean, the cost of advertisement & marketing is really huge for the big 5, rite?

i know the brand name of Penfolds, i also heard of bin 407, but it's seldom to find this bin in pk shop or wellcome, only bin 28 is available. so i will choose robert mondavi's private cab in stead.

[ 本帖最後由 資深球迷2世 於 2007-7-9 12:19 編輯 ]

To 資深球迷2世  

Try some larg PK and Welcome shops and you will find it. Penfold's Bin 28 is Ok for daily drinking but it is shiraz where Bin 407 is Cab. Sau, it is completely different. If you get the chance find the Bin 407, let it breath for 30 to 45 mins before drinking then you will enjoy it. Just let me know if you like it or not after tasting it, don't have to share your tasting note as I find this is stupid because the sructure of your tongue and mouth are different from mine.

引用:
原帖由 GstringLover 於 2007-7-9 12:24 發表
To 資深球迷2世  

Try some larg PK and Welcome shops and you will find it. Penfold's Bin 28 is Ok for daily drinking but it is shiraz where Bin 407 is Cab. Sau, it is completely different. If you ...
wow~~ sounds really worth to try wor... but my choice for daily wine is Cru Bourgeois or Rioja with better vintage, will try 407 later, in my wife's birthday party

引用:
原帖由 資深球迷2世 於 2007-7-9 02:17 PM 發表

wow~~ sounds really worth to try wor... but my choice for daily wine is Cru Bourgeois or Rioja with better vintage, will try 407 later, in my wife's birthday party
Are you serious?  In as much as it being a good wine, you plan on having 407 on your wife's birthday?  If I were her, I would ask for a divorce.

Anyway, as a shareholder of Fosters Group, I thank you guys for choosing Penfolds and I would congratulate their marketing department for doing a great marketing job.

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-7-9 14:39 發表

Are you serious?  In as much as it being a good wine, you plan on having 407 on your wife's birthday?  If I were her, I would ask for a divorce.

Anyway, as a shareholder of Fosters ...
my wife doesn't know how good or how bad the wine is, she will say it's good if she feels it's good and so do i~~! if your wife only wants to drink big 5 on her birthday, i think u better divoice with her and drink them with a younger and prettier lady

引用:
原帖由 資深球迷2世 於 2007-7-9 03:15 PM 發表

my wife doesn't know how good or how bad the wine is, she will say it's good if she feels it's good and so do i~~! if your wife only wants to drink big 5 on her birthday, i think u better divoi ...
My wife doesn't drink at all.  I don't even know what big 5 are.  I only know fab 4, the Beatles.

There's nothing wrong with it but it's not meant to be reserved for a special ocassion.  It's a good daily drinking wine but not one for special mention.

To : dejavu2003

Penfolds is really a good brand and after drinking so many different brand, I feel the quality is very good and stable, I feel the pirce i paid is worth it. If you know any other wines with similar quality as Penfolds Bin 407 and same price then let me know, up to date I would say I haven't found one yet.  

To 資深球迷2世  
Penfolds Bin 407 is Cab. Sau, if your wife do not drink red wine very often then she may find it too "powerful" or "muscular". Then I would suggest you try Penfolds Bin 389, this is Cab. Shiraz and Penfolds call it "Baby Grange"; but the price is a bit more expensive and it should be around HKD350. FYI, Penfolds Bin 389 is the favourite red wine of my girl friend. She is from Europe and taste many red wines from France, Italy and Spain already and she said it is very difficult to find a French red wine with the same price can beat Penfolds Bin 389. Anyway, hope you enjoy the wine you selected in your wife's coming birthday.

引用:
原帖由 GstringLover 於 2007-7-9 03:37 PM 發表

Penfolds is really a good brand and after drinking so many different brand, I feel the quality is very good and stable, I feel the pirce i paid is worth it. If you know any other ...
Well, I am an Aussie, and I own the shares of the Fosters Group and I still have Grange, 707, RWT, 389, Yattarna in my little cellar.  Tell me something on Penfolds that i don't know...

I dare say I have had the most 1998 #389 that few people have.  I had bought them regularly before, and then I had a deal with my bottle shop guy that every time if I bring something in the duty free shop for him on the way in, he would reimburse me plus a free bottle of 1998 #389.  We on average make 12 trips a year.  After 3 years, the guy said I have depleted his #389 stock and the deal is now off.

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-7-9 15:52 發表

Well, I am an Aussie, and I own the shares of the Fosters Group and I still have Grange, 707, RWT, 389, Yattarna in my little cellar.  Tell me something on Penfolds that i don't know...

I  ...
I didn't know 98 389 is so precious, I've just opened my last bottle (of 4 collected) last week.  Tasted good ar!  (After about half hour's breathing.)

Pls don't ask me for taste notes.

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-7-9 04:12 PM 發表

I didn't know 98 389 is so precious, I've just opened my last bottle (of 4 collected) last week.  Tasted good ar!  (After about half hour's breathing.)

Pls don't ask me for taste notes.
Please, DON'T bring one out Wed as Kenzo1111 will hate it.

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-7-9 16:16 發表

Please, DON'T bring one out Wed as Kenzo1111 will hate it.
YES SIR !!   & CHEERS !!

To: dejavu2003

Well, if you are an Aussie then I guess you know most of the things about Penfolds already. Frankly speaking, I would say the red wines from Penfolds are really worth to try and the quality is much better than a lot of French wines.

I have tried yr. 98 Bin 389, it is grreat. There are two red wines from Penfolds I haven't tried yet up to date, they are Magill Estate Shiraz and the Block 42, it is very difficult to find these two red wines even in Australia. Do you have these two and where you get it in Australia?

引用:
原帖由 GstringLover 於 2007-7-9 04:31 PM 發表
To: dejavu2003

Well, if you are an Aussie then I guess you know most of the things about Penfolds already. Frankly speaking, I would say the red wines from Penfolds are really worth to try and  ...
Magill Estate, of course, I can find them, at least in the bottle shop I go to.  They stock anything you can think of - from the Big 5, 2nd growth, Aussie, Kiwi, anything.

I drink only Aussie wine as they are more affordable and they are readily available.  But I don't usually buy Penfolds these days (I only get it for free from my bottle shop) as I know I am paying a premium for the brand.  The Yattarna is a good example.  They can't be better than a Leewin Estate Arts Series Chardonnay but they sell for much more.  Pound for pound, I prefer Torbreck at every level.  I shouldn't be saying that as a shareholder.  Of course, I will have a Magill Estate next time around.

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-7-9 15:26 發表
My wife doesn't drink at all.  I don't even know what big 5 are.  I only know fab 4, the Beatles.

There's nothing wrong with it but it's not meant to be reserved for a special ocassion.  It' ...
great~~ then please give me your best suggestion, my budget is about $200-300 per bottle, maybe i will book a table in a chinese restaurant and invite her family member as well, so the total number of red wine i prepare to consume is about 3-4 bottles~~ dun worry, she will definitely like this arrangement and will not divoice with me!

The bottle shop you go to is in HK or Australia? I will only drink the red wine from Penfolds as I know theri white is not as good as their red since long time ago. The red wines from Torbreck are also great but very difficult to find it in HK, also not so many people know this Aussie red wine though.

引用:
原帖由 資深球迷2世 於 2007-7-9 12:07 發表

thank u for yr encouragement, haha... of cos i know what u mean, the cost of advertisement & marketing is really huge for the big 5, rite?

i know the brand name of Penfolds, i also heard ...
bin 407 is pure Cab sau and u can buy it in Watson's with about 250.  I always buy the Spanish wine called Durius with a green label in Park'n shop, U will understand how a 69 HKD wine can do from other part of the world, Also. Montgras from Chile is also good valued and so does Los Vasco.  Moreover, if U goto Watson's there are so many wine about 200 can do much.  Try D'Arenbury Lauging Magpie, u can have a Robert Parker 92+ wine with very good quality and value!!  Don't be Shamed!  We are at the same boat.  Some of us may be rich but never look down on any wine lover.

引用:
原帖由 資深球迷2世 於 2007-7-9 04:45 PM 發表

great~~ then please give me your best suggestion, my budget is about $200-300 per bottle, maybe i will book a table in a chinese restaurant and invite her family member as well, so the total nu ...
I think Laughing Magpie as suggested by Brother Kenzo1111 is a very good idea.  I used to buy them from Watson @ $218 which is the special price - and they were always on Special.  Has the price come down after the tax cut?

Otherwise, you can try 407 as brother GsL suggested but I think it's closer to $300 than $250.  I pay over A$30 in Australia.

But I think Laughing Magpie is probably better value, and your wife will be more impressed as you pick something she won't see in Parkn Shop.

Another suggestion is the Torbreck Woodcutter, @ less than $200, or its more expensive sibling Juvenile.  I think Watson probably carry them.

http://www.torbreck.com/

引用:
原帖由 GstringLover 於 2007-7-9 04:58 PM 發表

The bottle shop you go to is in HK or Australia? I will only drink the red wine from Penfolds as I know theri white is not as good as their red since long time ago. The red win ...
The bottle shop I referred to is in Sydney but in the suburb.  

From memory, you can get the Torbreck in Watson.  Oddly, we can easily find Torbreck in Guangzhou as my friend coud buy them at reasonable prices there.  I actually might be joining the wine maker Dave for dinner in GZ soon.

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.