推介:| 紅酒 | 白酒 | Wine | 花店 | 啤酒 | 香檳 | 咖啡 | Disco |

發新話題
打印

Wine lovers! pls come in!!

just come back from Shanghai.  Wine are so expensive there.  I went into 2 retail shops, one has more champaign and one has more Australian wine but the price is 20-40% higher than HK.  They do have older vintage of Austalian wine such as 01 Leeuwin art series chardonnay meaning they are not selling well.
Bought a bottle of King George V Blue Label at airport.  Very expensive but best Whisky I even had

相關搜索目錄: Wine

I'd been followed this topic for sometime and found it very interesting. interesting in a way the people toward some comment or a particular interest espasically offended which I don't know why. well this is not my concern as people have different way of life and opoinon, what I want to say is why not we share all kind of experience in life particular toward WINE as this is the way we all love.For the people who love PENFOLD  they should try to understand Block 42 n Bin 61, I won't tell u what are these until U tell me and for the so call big 5 unless you people really want to understand the culture of a nation not wine before u can judge it by way of finincal mean. sorry this is my little humble comment after I view so many negative tread about wine.

Some go for value and some go for price. Some like new world and some for old wine.
This is a platform that we can share all we like.
In my view, rarely see good or bad wine but like or dislike it.
Some can afford more while some for less.
I open this threads for wide variety and u can choose what u want to talk or concern on.
Thx for your comments and i repect to your view too.

Yes, be careful not to step on big ego landmines around here. Ha Ha

I still have a couple 1998 Bin 61. Good but not outstanding the last time I tasted it.
Their 1996 Classic Clare Shiraz was memorable though.

Cheers !  Just enjoy !  The b.s. will pass and be forgotten.

perhaps sharing more on wine and less comments on others would be the best way to keep this thread alive

and thanks kenzo, dejavu and 可愛老頑童, your wine were all perfect ones!

and my pretty colleague company...
hey, pls show the pic and notes....!
i was too drunk that night........
i went there and found many good things to learn
http://www18.discuss.com.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=474&page=1

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-7-16 02:09 發表
and my pretty colleague company...
hey, pls show the pic and notes....!
i was too drunk that night........
i went there and found many good things to learn
http://www18.discuss.com.hk/forumdisp ...
u have joined their 14/7 gathering? the food looks really great~~

i am newbie there, so many experienced wine lover there!.

Anyway, their gathering is quite attractive.

one short & quick question:

明天晚上有飯聚, 想買一支白酒配上湯焗龍蝦, 有冇 d 一百蚊樓下嘅超市酒介紹? thanks!

相關搜索目錄: 白酒

For lobster, i personally like Riesling or sauvignon Blanc.
Get NZ SB from any brand in Supermarket.

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-7-20 20:05 發表
For lobster, i personally like Riesling or sauvignon Blanc.
Get NZ SB from any brand in Supermarket.
好險... 原本諗住買支加州 chardonnay 就算

引用:
原帖由 資深球迷2世 於 2007-7-20 23:00 發表

好險... 原本諗住買支加州 chardonnay 就算
still ok if it is unoaked.  California or Aust Chardonnay has strong oak are good for cheese or cream source.

I also like Sancere or CHiblis grand cru for seafood esp seafood platter. Cripsy, mineral and apple with good acidity.  
By the way. NV Champaigne is always friend of Chinese Seafood cursine.  

If u want to know more, read the Hugh Johnson pocket wine book. The the beginning session, all are food and wine matching.

yes, use sauvignon blanc from NZ and Australia can be fine

but one of my personal experience was using heavy oaked chardonnay (borgogne) and indeed the buttery nose match with the stock lobster quite well, worth a try

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-7-21 13:32 發表
yes, use sauvignon blanc from NZ and Australia can be fine

but one of my personal experience was using heavy oaked chardonnay (borgogne) and indeed the buttery nose match with the stock lobster  ...
then u can use Columbia crest  Grand Estate Chardonnay. If u follow my thread, u must know it is one of my favorite.  buy it from Watson's

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-7-21 01:30 發表

still ok if it is unoaked.  California or Aust Chardonnay has strong oak are good for cheese or cream source.

I also like Sancere or CHiblis grand cru for seafood esp seafood platter. Cripsy,  ...
I bought a bottle of 2003 Monte sb Reserve (Chile) to serve the lobster, the aroma of 荔枝 & peach is interesting. My family members all enjoy this matching.

Thank you for your suggestion.

What do you think ?  
附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件, 請嘗試多貼文章獲取積分,積分超過 120 或特定用戶組方可查看.

有一本明報(定明窗?)出版社嘅酒書都係咁講 , 我諗應該都有一定根據? 而且我相信倒落酒杯聞, 點都會清楚過就咁索個樽塞啩?

引用:
原帖由 可愛老頑童 於 2007-7-25 15:52 發表
What do you think ?  
Yap.. this is 100% correct.  smell the cork is not the right way to test the wine.   normally the wine server will pass the cork to you and best way is to use the finger to press the cork to see whether the cork is wet or not ( to prove that the wine is kept in correct position or not )

back from Osaka. Brought one bottle of lafite 04. 28500 yen only!! Yeah!

hi everybody, do me a favour.
Can u suggest some supermarket cheap wines (under $150 or under $100 better) good for eating raw oysters?
I know it is very difficult because of the small budget.
Please help me.

引用:
原帖由 Antenna 於 2007-7-30 17:49 發表
hi everybody, do me a favour.
Can u suggest some supermarket cheap wines (under $150 or under $100 better) good for eating raw oysters?
I know it is very difficult because of the small budget.
P ...
I suggest sparkling wine, chill it to very cold, put the bottle in ice bucket and serve with oyster.  
Fr supermarket, I tried a bottle with black coloured label and black bottle, probably from spain, selling about 70-90.  It is not too bad if you chill it to very cold.

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-7-31 01:40 發表
back from Osaka. Brought one bottle of lafite 04. 28500 yen only!! Yeah!
有排都未飲得...

引用:
原帖由 parklane 於 2007-7-31 09:05 發表

I suggest sparkling wine, chill it to very cold, put the bottle in ice bucket and serve with oyster.  
Fr supermarket, I tried a bottle with black coloured label and black bottle, probably from  ...
Freixenet Cordon Negro  ?

引用:
原帖由 parklane 於 2007-7-31 09:05 發表

Fr supermarket, I tried a bottle with black coloured label and black bottle, probably from  ...
yes, i would use Cava if it is a limited budget case
one brand (Christensent?  not sure but something like that) which is only selling $59 in Wellcome, worth a try

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-7-31 19:33 發表

yes, i would use Cava if it is a limited budget case
one brand (Christensent?  not sure but something like that) which is only selling $59 in Wellcome, worth a try
why not Aussie sparkling such as Stamp by Nottinghill?? or Jacab's Creek or Wolf Blass?

My Lafite.....hehe......i know it will be a long time for aging......but i have saved a lot....hehehe...

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.