推介:| 紅酒 | 白酒 | Wine | 花店 | 啤酒 | 香檳 | 咖啡 | Disco |

發新話題
打印

Wine lovers! pls come in!!

hope that I'm still here to read Parklane's notes at 2022. Agree with Parklane, I also find that I can't tell much difference between young aus. wine, they just taste all similar, more interesting thing is that after tasting more and more wine, i starting feel tired of those explosive fruit bomb style wine though I still enjoy some western aus. wine and some of their white wine is truly value for money.

[ 本帖最後由 barton 於 2007-5-21 16:58 編輯 ]

相關搜索目錄: Wine

係呀, 好似leeuwin estate真係幾好
同埋我覺得vactoria都有唔少出色酒莊值得嚐試

hi, been busy for the past few days. there are some suggestion for those who love the french. 1996Ch du tertre, A sleeper, du tertre's 1996 exhitits a black ruby/purple colour, a sweet fruit scented nose medium to full body, well interrated tannin and fine furity and dept. the second one is 1996 Ch Gloria, one of the finest Gloria's produced in recent vintages, the 1996 is uncommonly hedonistic, plump and precociously styled. Low in acidity , rich in cedary, black currant furit, medium bodied, and lush.  the third one is 1966 Ch duhart milon. the color is la saturated dark ruby/purple. The bouquet offers aromas of blackcurrant furit intermixed with licoric, minerals and dried herbs, Rich and intense with considerable finesse, medium to full body.  all the above three are ready to drink between now and 2015. and the price are really reasonable and afforable.

引用:
原帖由 parklane 於 2007-5-14 09:34 AM 發表

No I haven't, I want to give it more bottle age.  Indeed, i find when you open a young Aus Shriaz, many of them are so similar and the baby fat just masked the true face of the wine.  The same  ...
That's the thing that frustrates me.  Everythng in my cellar, according to the critics, needs another 10-25 years to cellar.  Things like Wendouree, is said to be drinkable after 25 years.  What am I going drink between now and the next ten years?

Having said that, I am on my way to Sydney tonight and see if I can pick up a 1996 and/or 1998 RR?

Brother Parklane, just out of curiosity, how many RR do you have now?

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-5-10 18:41 發表
kenzo

are you talking about malvasia?  it is a grape in italy which have some good but expensive wine
Initially Malvasia Wines are from Greek place of birth "Monemvasia" in 12th Century now still produced in Italy, Spain, Portugal  even California

Mostly blended with Agiorgitiko, Mavroudi, Mavraki.   

taste good and match with grilled, red meat.   if served with Cyprus
Chess is perfectly matched.

i think you mean Cyprus Cheese...  but i wouldn't mind drinking wine while playing Chess ^_^"

however, i'm a cocktail guy.  whites dry up my throat and reds are too sophisticated for my tastes.

there is a cheap Port wine that you can buy in most places in Macau called 老泥樽 (i can't remember the portuguese name) that's pretty good with roasted meats.

i will goto Chicago at the end of this month and transferred thro LA.
I will try to pick a bottle of Malvisia Sterling back and share it.

I bought malvasia wine once last year.

[ 本帖最後由 骨浪 於 2007-5-24 17:02 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-5-23 21:27 發表

That's the thing that frustrates me.  Everythng in my cellar, according to the critics, needs another 10-25 years to cellar.  Things like Wendouree, is said to be drinkable after 25 years.  Wha ...
Wendouree
新加坡o既酒評人莊布忠大力推薦呢個酒莊
話係best of best in australia云云
我就未試過, 不過好有興趣試下

dejavu兄, 幾時返香港食飯呢

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-5-24 14:30 發表
i will goto Chicago at the end of this month and transferred thro LA.
I will try to pick a bottle of Malvisia Sterling back and share it.
等你(加埋支酒)返香港食飯

引用:
原帖由 骨浪 於 2007-5-24 16:45 發表
I bought malvasia wine once last year.
骨浪兄

你係買邊度出產o既呢?
香港我只係搵到意大利o既, 有無其他可以選擇???

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-5-24 21:06 發表

骨浪兄

你係買邊度出產o既呢?
香港我只係搵到意大利o既, 有無其他可以選擇???
Last year end  I went to the wine now Fair and bought one from them
Is from Monemvasia.   I am not sure where can buy now.
I only know this wine from their brochure thats why know that Malvasia Wine is the grapes initially from Monemvasia.   

Taste is totally different with other wines.  quite interesting.

I think this kind of unique wine is quite difficult to find out in HK as I tried Watsons.

[ 本帖最後由 骨浪 於 2007-5-24 23:22 編輯 ]

骨浪兄,歡迎,得閒多d上來

等你(加埋支酒)返香港食飯

要飲埋茶仔................喎!!

相關搜索目錄:

just had a pichon lalande 1998.
tobacco, coffee, black fruit and black berries.  no wonder.
only 30 min breath and falling after 1.5 to 2 hrs.  become more acidic.
all expected.

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-5-23 13:27 發表

That's the thing that frustrates me.  Everythng in my cellar, according to the critics, needs another 10-25 years to cellar.  Things like Wendouree, is said to be drinkable after 25 years.  Wha ...
That's the only one I have now.

Be careful not to order Bordeaux wines at Zxx (Pacific Place).

Right at their entrance, they have stacks of wood crates with Bordeaux in them.  On top of one stack sat a noisy and VIBRATING big swirling liquid type air cleaner.

I put my hand on the top crate (w/ Ch. Lynch Bages in it) I could clearly feel the rahter strong vibration.

I did notify one of their waiters, I do hope they'd remove the air cleaner afterwards.

相關搜索目錄: Air cleaner

hi bro 可愛老頑童

Unless I am very sure about the condition of the wine stored in the restaurant, I personally prefer BYOB (bring your own bottle) as the storage condition of restaurant are always questionable.

just for the reason of make up, unless at Riva suggested by Dejavu, i never open wine from the restaurant

相關搜索目錄: Make up Wine

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-5-25 16:39 發表
hi bro 可愛老頑童

Unless I am very sure about the condition of the wine stored in the restaurant, I personally prefer BYOB (bring your own bottle) as the storage condition of restaurant are alwa ...
Totally agreed with you...  I do always BYOB instead of picking the wines from restaurant. However I will negotiate the corkage for free

due to the new rules for bringing liquid to air craft, i did not buy any wine back from US and i was selected to be ssss for checking lagguage, so bad.  Had some wine there for dinner but no impression.
I opened a bottle called Wild Oak of St Francis, Sonoma. just ok. fruity and a bit drier that those Napa stuff. 67 US dollar

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-5-24 09:03 PM 發表

Wendouree
新加坡o既酒評人莊布忠大力推薦呢個酒莊
話係best of best in australia云云
我就未試過, 不過好有興趣試下

dejavu兄, 幾時返香港食飯呢 ...
I have been back but will go again in 10 days' time.

If you are interested, I can bring back a bottle of Wendouree.  It sounds like great value at A$100. (which was the price a year ago).  But then you have to cellar it for 25 years.

食飯 - I am ok wor when I come back in July.  The problem is, what can I bring out to drink.  Everything in my cellar are not yet drinkable.

whatever u bring out, is good to the poor guy like me..ar Tai is rich, he spends a lot for tea...hehe

Let's have fun in July!!

引用:
原帖由 kenzo1111 於 2007-6-16 02:38 PM 發表
whatever u bring out, is good to the poor guy like me..ar Tai is rich, he spends a lot for tea...hehe

Let's have fun in July!!
What the hack.  It's only A$100. Let's try the Wendouree, although brother Parklane once said "Don't kill the Baby"

引用:
原帖由 tailawyau 於 2007-4-20 09:57 發表
St Andrew's Shiraz is really nice, but a bit too expensive in HK
Everything is expensive in HK!

引用:
原帖由 dejavu2003 於 2007-6-16 00:37 發表

I have been back but will go again in 10 days' time.

If you are interested, I can bring back a bottle of Wendouree.  It sounds like great value at A$100. (which was the price a year ago).  B ...
dejavu兄

係又唔驅呀, 不過你方便先好帶喎, 如果多野拎就唔使理我架

我又覺得, 如果同一款酒而你又有幾支既話, 未熟時就開黎飲都係好既, 因為反而可以睇到支酒的變化, 到過幾年再飲又會有另一種體會嘛

kenzo

寄倉咪得囉, 唔好搵藉口唔猜酒返香港喇

發新話題

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,本網站對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。本討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

Copyright 1997- Xocat. All Right Reserved.